Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Another Battery Reloation thread...Feedback wanted please...

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2011, 06:07 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
if doing it in trunk you may as well get a good battery.. like a optima redtop. dont bother with small batteries.

make sure you drill hole through bottom of trunk and vent the battery box tho and get a hidden kill switch so
it passes track tech inspection.

Old Jan 27, 2011, 06:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
when my stock in trunk battery dies ill switch to something smaller like a civic battery, but i wont go with a mini battery.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 06:13 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tscompusa
if doing it in trunk you may as well get a good battery.. like a optima redtop. dont bother with small batteries.

make sure you drill hole through bottom of trunk and vent the battery box tho and get a hidden kill switch so

if you go with a red top, you really don't need a vent since they're a dry cell, right? That's what I always though.

where did you hide your kill switch? At e-town, they usually require a kill switch if you relocated your battery, but I don't want to have mine out in the open.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 06:16 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by limp_noodle
if you go with a red top, you really don't need a vent since they're a dry cell, right? That's what I always though.

where did you hide your kill switch? At e-town, they usually require a kill switch if you relocated your battery, but I don't want to have mine out in the open.
check this out, you just need to hide a small toggle switch.

http://www.t1racedevelopment.com/ind...utoff-kit.html
Old Jan 27, 2011, 06:28 PM
Evolving Member

dude, you're awesome, lol
Old Jan 27, 2011, 06:31 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
i think a flat switch would be better under the license plate and make the license plate flip up so they can easily kill the car.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 06:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by MJ23FE
Broseph,

I have te adjustable battery tray that was made for the Braille 11.5 lbs battery. I purchased it when I bought my Nisei short route piping. I had the 11.5 lbs battery in my car for over a year and a half until the body shop my car was at burned out my starter and my battery to boot. The battery might actually be alright. Trickle charging it for a few days and trying it out would probably put that to rest. After my 11.5 pounder died, I picked up a Braille 15 lbs since the dimensions were practically the same as my tray. The width was identical so it fit between the posts, and I adjusted the length and picked up longer screws for the tie down and it was good to go. I've been running that setup since last January with no issues at all.

My car is parked outside and is daily driven and I don't have any problems. Honestly though, if I was relocating my battery to the trunk, or fabbing a custom tray, I'd def pick up a Braille 18 or 21 lbs battery for the extra piece of mind. Mine works well, but I wouldn't mind having more juice. With the smaller dimensions of the Braille units, running an 18 pounder is def not out of the question in the engine bay with short route piping.

Def go the biggest you can I say. The weight change is minimal for piece of mind knowing your gauges, radio, fuel pump, ecu will be good to go!

Just my $0.02!

-Jalal

Thanks for the feedback man...So it seemed like your may have lasted a bit longer if it wasn't for the body shop...Good to know...
Old Jan 27, 2011, 06:35 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks Tom. Like I said in my return PM, I saw you posting advice in a couple other battery relocation threads. Like I said I never had a starting issues with my current Odyssey and I love the weight reduction. Where do you have your kill switch mounted, I don't think I saw any pics of that?
Old Jan 27, 2011, 06:37 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by n2oiroc
check this out, you just need to hide a small toggle switch.

http://www.t1racedevelopment.com/ind...utoff-kit.html
Thanks!

i think a flat switch would be better under the license plate and make the license plate flip up so they can easily kill the car.
True...I saw some other people actually cut holes in their quarter panel or bumper for a kill switch but I would rather not do that...
Old Jan 27, 2011, 06:39 PM
Evolving Member

http://www.amazon.com/Waterproof-Min.../dp/B0039KZP4Y

I might do the switch and flip up plate, or just even leave the plate there, covering the switch and take off my plate when I hit the track
Old Jan 27, 2011, 06:40 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by limp_noodle
dude, you're awesome, lol
no problem! im a treasure trove of random information.
Old Jan 29, 2011, 05:09 PM
Evolved Member

Bumper for some more info and feedback!
Old Jan 30, 2011, 08:21 AM

Here's how we did ours just yesterday. It seems like eveyone runs theirs down the driver's side, but we chose the passenger side. We're pretty stoked on the results.
Attached Thumbnails Another Battery Reloation thread...Feedback wanted please...-img_0570.jpg   Another Battery Reloation thread...Feedback wanted please...-img_0569.jpg  
Old Jan 30, 2011, 08:42 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 505GTI
Here's how we did ours just yesterday. It seems like eveyone runs theirs down the driver's side, but we chose the passenger side. We're pretty stoked on the results.
Thanks for posting your pics, clean install! Yeah, passenger side is better because its lighter then the drivers side...
Old Jan 30, 2011, 10:28 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 505GTI
what kind of circuit breaker are you using, what size is it, and where'd you get it? I'm just looking at options right now.

Quick Reply: Another Battery Reloation thread...Feedback wanted please...