Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Full Race Turbo kit

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2011, 10:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Full Race Turbo kit

Hey guys/gals,

Anyone had anything to do with this kit?
Anything Full-Race is top quality im sure so im assuming this kit would be awesome.
They have a FP Red kit aswell, but i like the idea of an external gate setup due to better boost control at higher rpm at boost levels.

http://www.full-race.com/catalog/pro...oducts_id=2193

Thanks guys.

Doug

From Australia lol
Old Feb 8, 2011, 10:41 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Dougsta
Hey guys/gals,

Anyone had anything to do with this kit?
Anything Full-Race is top quality im sure so im assuming this kit would be awesome.
They have a FP Red kit aswell, but i like the idea of an external gate setup due to better boost control at higher rpm at boost levels.

http://www.full-race.com/catalog/pro...oducts_id=2193

Thanks guys.

Doug

From Australia lol

Great kit!!Best manifold out there and nicest looking too.
Old Feb 8, 2011, 10:43 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by achilles3000
Great kit!!Best manifold out there and nicest looking too.
Best manifold is subjective but it is indeed a great kit. Sierra Sierra uses a full-Race kit on their TA evo so that says something right there.
Old Feb 8, 2011, 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by BenJ
Best manifold is subjective but it is indeed a great kit. Sierra Sierra uses a full-Race kit on their TA evo so that says something right there.
Ahhh okay, that right there is all the excuse i need. lol.
I'll be matching this kit, or similar with some cams.
Im thinkin either Kelford stage 2's or GSC stage 2's.
Leanin more towards GSC as i am yet to hear negative feedback about em.
Old Feb 8, 2011, 11:14 PM
Evolved Member

If you read through enough posts and/or ask enough questions, you can find bad info about anything. The kelford cams do not come in stages and neither do the GSC's. An all around good cam whether it be Kelford or GSC would be a 272/272 or thereabouts. Depending on your turbo choice, power goals, and application (daily driver, weekend car, track car), you can go a bit higher to a custom GSC s3 grind or a set of Kelford 280's or their new 288's.
Old Feb 9, 2011, 12:13 AM

Originally Posted by BenJ
If you read through enough posts and/or ask enough questions, you can find bad info about anything. The kelford cams do not come in stages and neither do the GSC's. An all around good cam whether it be Kelford or GSC would be a 272/272 or thereabouts. Depending on your turbo choice, power goals, and application (daily driver, weekend car, track car), you can go a bit higher to a custom GSC s3 grind or a set of Kelford 280's or their new 288's.
I meant a set of 272's. Normally a stage 2 cam is around that sort of duration.
With stage 1's being around 260 or 264 and stage 3's around 280.
Well, if i went with this kit with a GT3076, would 272's suit it well?
I think 280 would be too aggressive and ruin any sort of response?
Car will be a weekend car mainly with some daily duties every now and then.

Last edited by Dougsta; Feb 9, 2011 at 12:15 AM. Reason: update
Old Feb 9, 2011, 02:42 AM
Evolved Member

If I recall correctly full race is having major issues with people. They have screwed many customers over and so I would not put that type of money out there. If you want a good setup look at the new Garett GTX turbos. I know the shop I tune at can do a kit with it just email them.
Old Feb 9, 2011, 02:59 AM

Originally Posted by BEISSEN
If I recall correctly full race is having major issues with people. They have screwed many customers over and so I would not put that type of money out there. If you want a good setup look at the new Garett GTX turbos. I know the shop I tune at can do a kit with it just email them.
Ohhhh really. Well, that changes things. I have looked at the new gtx turbos from garret and Yeh, they seem that they would do the job. I have also just stumbled across the bbk full turbo from cbrd. Ball bearing so more reliable than the fp red and can make the same sort of numbers.
Old Feb 9, 2011, 03:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Who did they screw over? Thats a mighty big claim.
Old Feb 9, 2011, 05:08 AM
Evolving Member

false claims....... do you have proof?
I call it BS, Full-Race is known for high quality products and great customer service
Old Feb 9, 2011, 05:14 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
you are mistaken........sounds like you have peakboost and full-race confused
Old Feb 9, 2011, 07:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
I can't speak for others, but all my dealings with full-race have gone seamlessly. Never heard a single bad thing about them either. Have YOU ever had a bad experience with them?
Old Feb 9, 2011, 07:17 AM
Evolving Member

I havn't dealt with Full race for an evo product, but I've ran their turbo kits on my EP3 and del sol, both with incredible results, amazing customer support, and great products. Nothing but good things to say about that company.
Old Feb 9, 2011, 07:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Full-Race (even from my Honda days) has been known to be expensive but quality. Never heard of anyone getting screwed.
Old Feb 9, 2011, 07:31 AM
Evolving Member

Full-race??? I've heard nothing but good thing about that company. Peakboost on the other hand is a diff story.

Quick Reply: Full Race Turbo kit