Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Problems With Buschur Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2003 | 02:42 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Problems With Buschur Exhaust

Disclaimer, none of this actually happened and is just a figment of our imagination, any characters or actual events occurring in this feature in real life are purely coincidental. My EVO Sits at home on blocks 100% Stock and does not move except once every Groundhog day if AND ONLY IF the Groundhog does not see its shadow and comes out for an early spring, clutch has never been used and I employ 45 homosexual Midgets to pull me around town with ropes tied to their nipple rings on this very special day. Car is mint and has never even been started.

Well, Just to start things off, I took a MILLION PICS, but my computer deleted them all so no pics but I am sure you will undertsand my issue.

Yesterday was a good day, I got My Wheels and BR Exhaust from Nino Nad he had them installed. The exhaust was supposed to go on in 20MIN and at 1st it did, It did clear the 2 tie bars quite easilly and the hangers all LINED up. BUT the cat back just wanted to RATTLE AND RATTLE against the rear Diff, no matter what. We spent over an hour trying to get it to clear it but no dice. Then we actually unbolted the exhaust and Actually had to shave a couple inches off the cat back. AGAIN no dice, it would constantly bang against the rear diff, no matter what combinations or fitments we tried, teh exhuast refused to fit properly.

So after 3 Hours of trying, we just got some high temp hoses, split it in half, and then mounted it to the point of contact, so no rattle anymore.

Other then that exhaust fits FINE, and sounds just slightly louder then stock, until WOT then it is awesome growl (MAGNFLOW MUFFLER). Def power increase and if you see the stock exhaust, you will see why. I am happy with this exhuaust, looks great, completely liveable, and makes big power.

There was another exhaust from BR going on a Blue By You Evo a while ago, it cleared the rear dif but not the lower ties bars, so they had to get the spacers for the lower tie bars to make the DP fit. I guess it is just one way or the other?

Cliff Notes, Slight exhuast fitment problem, muffler is lined up perfectly, Sound is better then immagined, performance is right on, price is right too.

Thanx
Old Dec 14, 2003 | 03:20 PM

We just installed the BR exhaust and 3" Dp on a customer's EVO. for the money, its a good product. The fitment, is not perfect, there are a few places that it hits under the car, the muffler did not slip over the end of the rear pipe section, the pipe had to be slotted. Other than that, it sounds awesome, very angry, and the performance is excellent. if you are real picky, or **** retentive, the BR exhaust might not be for you.
Old Dec 14, 2003 | 03:53 PM
Evolving Member

I had absolutely no issues with the turbo back. I did notice that it was a little close to the diff till i moved the mointing point up. In other wrods the pipe that will go to the muffler gets hung by the end of the car rather than closer to the diff. that gave enough clearance.
Old Dec 14, 2003 | 03:59 PM

Originally posted by perfworks
I had absolutely no issues with the turbo back. I did notice that it was a little close to the diff till i moved the mointing point up. In other wrods the pipe that will go to the muffler gets hung by the end of the car rather than closer to the diff. that gave enough clearance.
It certainly does sound angry as the two kids in the Talon that messed with me on the way home can attest to. Just finished gassing up, then boom....messing with a talon on 35
Old Dec 14, 2003 | 04:48 PM
Evolved Member

I have most of Buschurs mods. First mod was the 3" turbo back. I installed it in my garage on ramps. I had no problems with clearance. I also noticed it getting close to the diff but no rattle.
Old Dec 14, 2003 | 05:09 PM
Evolving Member

I bet a set of our hangers will keep that thing from knockin'

Tom
Old Dec 14, 2003 | 05:12 PM
Evolved Member

Yup Yup , I had 0 problems with my turboback exhaust and have had no clearence problems it fitting very easily. I have the kartboy hangers and love them , the exhaust does not move at all.
Old Dec 14, 2003 | 05:43 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by tom@kartboy
I bet a set of our hangers will keep that thing from knockin'

Tom
Would you be willing to do a money back deal (minus shipping)?
Old Dec 14, 2003 | 07:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Umiamai80 what kind of hoses was that? where can i get some from? I spent 6 hrs trying to figure this **** out, my buscher 3' tb ext was hitting in 4 diffrent spots(bumper,rear end, 2nd cross member and the drive shaft hold down). Now its just hitting the drive shaft loop.Think ups f#ck it up in shipping!!
Old Dec 15, 2003 | 07:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
The cat back pipe is close to the rear differential. It is a very easy problem to fix. The hanger on the cat back pipe HAS to be behind that rubber hanger. Also when you bolt the cat back pipe to it simply pull it over so you have about a fingers thickness between the two and then tighten that hanger to the rubber hanger on the car very tight. This will keep it there no problem.

As for the tie bars. We actually quietly re-designed the downpipe a month or so ago. We were able to get rid of a weld joint in the pipe and make it so in 99% of the cars the spacers weren't needed at all. In other cars the spacers are only needed on the rear tie bar.

Whatever we can do to help, let me know. The system does fit correctly, just a matter of getting it all there.

Super glad to hear most of you aren't having troubles and all of you are happy with the power. It's light isn't it!?

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old Dec 15, 2003 | 07:31 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
FWIW I have the first gen Turbo back system.. Had no fitment problems at all except what Dave said about making sure you got everything oriented correctly. My car did require the shims as did most on the first gen, but otherwise the fit was great and it never hit anything.

And you aren't kidding about it being light, It makes it pleasant when you have to remove a component to work on things.

Oh, and the shop that installed it for me did it in under an hour, with only Jack Stands, not even on a lift. They had never done an exhaust system on an Evo before, so if your mechanically inclined, expect it to take under 2-3 hours.

I have also swapped the exhaust system back to stock twice, and once everything is fitted up, it goes in and out real easy.

Last edited by MalibuJack; Dec 15, 2003 at 07:35 AM.
Old Dec 15, 2003 | 08:02 AM
Evolved Member

Buschur's products are great. The only reason I brought an Hks system was because its hassle free. Everything fits Like a glove around a hand. No bending no hangers. It just goes where it suppose to. It does not make much pwr as Buschurs, but its Fit and finish is nice and clean. Buschurs exhaust is ugly to me.
Old Dec 15, 2003 | 09:43 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by davidbuschur
The cat back pipe is close to the rear differential. It is a very easy problem to fix. The hanger on the cat back pipe HAS to be behind that rubber hanger. Also when you bolt the cat back pipe to it simply pull it over so you have about a fingers thickness between the two and then tighten that hanger to the rubber hanger on the car very tight. This will keep it there no problem.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
You worded it much better
This is what i did and NO problems. 20 minute install.
Old Dec 15, 2003 | 10:17 AM

Buschurs exhaust is ugly to me.
That's an interesting piece of info. Thanks for sharing
Old Dec 17, 2003 | 06:22 PM
Account Disabled

Umiamai80 what kind of hoses was that? where can i get some from? I spent 6 hrs trying to figure this **** out, my buscher 3' tb ext was hitting in 4 diffrent spots(bumper,rear end, 2nd cross member and the drive shaft hold down). Now its just hitting the drive shaft loop.Think ups f#ck it up in shipping!!

Talk to Nino, he did it for me.

Quick Reply: Problems With Buschur Exhaust