Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Exedy vs act

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2011, 11:33 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
easier to f*ck ur **** up 2 people i knew on not being percise wit there cluthc release on a launch basically blew there tranny

the street disc though i have launched literally 50 - 75 times and maybe 10 of them i screwed up on and the clutch still holds after all that abuse and 35k miles and 3 years of driving the HDSS still holds STRONG and im at 440whp

exedys burn out to quick and i HATE stock clutch feel its too light if im making good power i wanna be in control of it the act street disc setup wether hdss or xtss is the right touch to me in my opinion
Old Mar 15, 2011, 11:51 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by rooney08
AMS intalled my exedy one n they said avg life of a clutch is about 2 yrs, but I always that is if u abused the car a lot, like I said I havent even taken my car to the track on the exedy one, which act clutch would u recommend, my car hp is only on the mid 300's, tnx.
I've heard the same from someone!

Originally Posted by sonicnofadz
twin plate. Anything else and you risk your thrust bearing going bye bye.
Don't listen to this crap, find someone who is confident about evo clutch install.

Originally Posted by sho669
^I call BULL-SHEET on that one How many thrust bearings have you heard of in the evo being taken out by a single plate clutch?

People on this site are "twin happy" for no apparent reason, a car in the low to mid 300's there is absolutely no way a twin is needed.

If you aren't tracking the car I'd do another stocker or an ACT setup.
Yes members on this site are VERY "TWIN HAPPY" It's so expensive and not necessary for most of evo!

Originally Posted by deeman101
TRE and sheptrans also don't recommend twin plates. TRE actually voids the warranty on their trans if you use a twin plate.
This is a true statement, I've call John @ TRE myself, he recommends the single pleate, this is the man who builds lots and lots of dsm and evo tranny
Old Mar 15, 2011, 11:53 AM
Evolved Member

I have ACT HDSS, it's only stiffer than my MR clutch, and it's very affordable! I'll recommend tranny mount and motor mount along with one piece SS clutch line.