Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

With EXTREME REGRET I post this warning.......

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2011, 04:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sorry to see that happen, I've watched the progress with this car for a while now, and that must have sucked a**! Thanks for the warning! I just picked up my evo, and definitely don't need something like that happen.
Old May 5, 2011, 05:18 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spankodelic!! Let her run!!!
Old May 5, 2011, 05:29 AM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Thanks for posting. I just finished pressing in new shaft seals and decided I'd better go get some loc-tight.
Old May 12, 2011, 09:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 50 Likes on 31 Posts
I need to implement the new name......"White Lightning". What do you guys think?
I've named my new rig "White Lightning". I remeber I wanted you to name Project White that. The Bad Bish is just that, BAD! Sorry to hear that happened We've both had a little run of bad luck lately
Old Aug 13, 2011, 04:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by David Buschur
The same engine will be going back in the car, I mean the exact same specs in every way. In the short time I ran it I can say it was the best engine I've ever had or built. Really is a kick in the sack that this happened.

It was for sure the screw. We see this type of thing happen a lot when something gets into one cylinder. It will get kicked around and then goes out of the cylinder it's in and sucked into another to do more damage. Seems odd but it's very common, lose a valve or anything else and it's going to end up in more than on cylinder before it's over.

Posting it sucks. I thought about just keeping it quiet and fixing the car. As usual though being open and honest about stuff is how I work. If this saves ONE other guy from the same fate it was worth making the post for the haters to enjoy.
Just found this thread and wanted to throw my two cents in. The bolded part is why I buy parts from buschur. I know they're quality because David will tell everybody if something isn't right.