Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Which one? Walbro 255 HP, DW300, Aeromotive 340 Fuel Pump

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2011, 12:13 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The DW301 is the only pump we have. When you see DW300 it is referring to the DW301.

300 is the series name of our 300+LPH pumps, and the DW301 is the first model/fitment we have available in this series.
Old Mar 25, 2011, 08:48 PM

Walbro, should be fine and I have used them with e85 for just over a year with no issued to date.
Dan
Old Mar 26, 2011, 07:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by DeatschWerks
The DW301 is the only pump we have. When you see DW300 it is referring to the DW301.

300 is the series name of our 300+LPH pumps, and the DW301 is the first model/fitment we have available in this series.
so more models are coming?
Old Mar 28, 2011, 07:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
I finally decided on the DW300. I should have it in by next Monday
Old Mar 29, 2011, 08:12 AM
Former Sponsor

Good deal, 10! Looking forward to seeing your results.

Originally Posted by n2oiroc
so more models are coming?
That's the plan.
Old Mar 30, 2011, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by DeatschWerks
It is my understanding that Walbro 255 and 255HP are recommended for gasoline fuels only and have not been approved or warrantied for E85 use.

The DW301 is E85 compatible, it is recommended for E85 use and the 3-year warranty covers the pump for use in E85.

thanks i did not know that!
Old Mar 31, 2011, 05:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by EVO-EVO-EVO
This link shows some testing results of a modified Walbro comparing it to the un-modified DW factory pump testing results.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/8881817-post37.html
Those are not real world testing results. Buschur didn't even have a DW pump in his hands when he made that post.
Old Apr 1, 2011, 11:04 PM
Evolved Member

Not too happy with my DW300 order from MAPerformance Ordered on March 28, Monday morning, so I could have it by April 1, Friday to put it in on Sunday or Monday. Tuesday morning get an email for Verification needed for different address it's being shipped to. Fine no problem. I'm happy to have the added security. Take care of the Verification Tuesday morning. Ask for tracking # on Wednesday get it on Thursday. Picked up by FedEx end of Thursday, still in Saint Paul, MN today, Friday. Scheduled to be delivered on April 5th, which means I won't be able to get it in until my next day off Monday, the 11th of April
Too bad I'm going out of town on the 18th for a week.
Sorry I'm b!tch!ng. Bad week, just got laid off. Just needed to vent.
Now I'll have a lot of time to dial in those injectors and tune on e85
Old Apr 2, 2011, 09:09 AM

Walbro which is already proved itself countless times bud.
Old Apr 2, 2011, 09:25 PM

Exclamation Reasonable Comparison

Originally Posted by RyuEvoIX
Those are not real world testing results. Buschur didn't even have a DW pump in his hands when he made that post.

Sorry for your confusion, I thought I had made it clear that the DW testing results were "factory" testing results - "un-modified DW factory pump testing results." In addition, I did not refer to the results as being "real world" testing results, just "some" results that are available at this time.

In any event it is a reasonable comparison between the modified Walbro 255 pump and the unmodified DW301 pump to make a decision on whether to purchase the DW301 pump or not at this point in time. Worse case, if the DW301 pump does not perform per the "factory" testing results the buyer can return it to the Dealer for a refund.

My guess is that the DW301 pump will perform as DW has tested it and that when modified like the Walbro pump, will out perform the Walbro pump, albeit with no Warranty.
Old Apr 4, 2011, 08:23 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by 10isace
Not too happy with my DW300 order from MAPerformance Ordered on March 28, Monday morning, so I could have it by April 1, Friday to put it in on Sunday or Monday. Tuesday morning get an email for Verification needed for different address it's being shipped to. Fine no problem. I'm happy to have the added security. Take care of the Verification Tuesday morning. Ask for tracking # on Wednesday get it on Thursday. Picked up by FedEx end of Thursday, still in Saint Paul, MN today, Friday. Scheduled to be delivered on April 5th, which means I won't be able to get it in until my next day off Monday, the 11th of April
Too bad I'm going out of town on the 18th for a week.
Sorry I'm b!tch!ng. Bad week, just got laid off. Just needed to vent.
Now I'll have a lot of time to dial in those injectors and tune on e85
I'm very sorry about that delay sir The verification is a one time deal and you shouldn't have to go through that on your next order.
Old Apr 4, 2011, 08:35 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ChrisCarey
I'm very sorry about that delay sir The verification is a one time deal and you shouldn't have to go through that on your next order.
Thanks Chris! I'm finding the silver lining in everything lately. The verification process is a great security feature that protects the vendor and customer. I never thought about that. Since I was let go recently at my job, I've decided to start an online business for sports and this would be a great additional security.

BTW, I haven't had a problem with your company and once I find a good one I stick with them
Thanks!
Old Apr 5, 2011, 01:18 PM
Former Sponsor

Just posted today by one of the shops local to us...

Originally Posted by Abel Racing
Stage 1 on the Blue Vette is complete.

Stock 6.0L iron block
Stock 6.0L bore
Stock 6.0L crank
Stock 6.0L G8 untoched heads, valves and intake
Stock LS6 cam

Forged rods and pistons, hardened pushrods and dual valve springs.

Special thanks for Deatsch Weks: dual DW300 pumps and 1300cc injectors are supplying plenty of fuel even with E85.

Stock LS1 computer with 3-bar SD tuned in house

In house FRONT mount turbo kit with off-the-shelf GT4202-74mm NON-BB.

19psi on E85

ENJOY!

Old Apr 15, 2011, 10:09 PM
Evolved Member

Alright, I installed the DW301 last a week ago and have been dialing in my new injectors.

I put an automotive stethoscope up to the metal cover under the back seat with the OEM fuel pump still in and car idling. I could not hear a thing. Then I took off the cover and listened to it with the scope on the plastic. I could barely hear it. After I installed the DW301, it was slightly louder, but I could only hear it with the stethoscope.

Pump is working great! I have plenty of fuel at WOT. I will be upping the boost this weekend. I've been tuning the fuel and timing all this week. I'll update.

Thanks MAPerformance and DW! BTW DW, I love the sticker included with the pump I have it on my laptop that I log and tune with. MAP I need a sticker!
Name:  photo2-1.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  29.3 KB
Old Apr 18, 2011, 08:38 AM
Former Sponsor

Good deal! Thanks for the review.

Quick Reply: Which one? Walbro 255 HP, DW300, Aeromotive 340 Fuel Pump