Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Fix My ACD Problem and I will pay you!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2011, 12:22 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am going up to a shop to change out the struts the weekend after next. I can repeatably engage the lights now. I act like I am going to bleed it and the pump runs for about 30 seconds with no discernible change in pitch. Then I can hear a snap as perhaps a relay or pressure switch opens and all 3 lights trip on.

I am afraid that pump is shot. I have not tried running a hot to the pump yet to listen for the scream or to do another bleed (by myself atm).
Old Mar 26, 2011, 12:40 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
same story here, but my pump seems to be operating. it bleeds fine, faster than i can fill the ACD tank with fresh atf liquid. it also pumps up atf to accumulator in a matter of seconds.
to me that's a working pump, but we shall see.

can you check your pressure sensor on the pump with multimeter, is it working at all? this sensor can be bought separately from the pump, at least the one that we have on EDM / JDM pumps, its part number is MR483948 or 2960A062.
Old Mar 26, 2011, 12:45 PM
Evolving Member

I can try, what am I looking for a dead to ground ?
Old Mar 26, 2011, 12:54 PM
Evolving Member

it's a 5 volts pressure sensor, ground, +5v and signal. a workshop manual lists normal values of a sensor signal as 0.5-1.5 volts during pump operation. as i understand it a signal in volts is a pressure generated by your pump, in MPa.
Old Mar 26, 2011, 01:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I'll put money on the pump. Sorry

Mine failed, because water got into the pump causing corrosion. I had the dealer pull the code and I had the same codes. I would test the pump by powering it up and slowly removing the pressure sensor. If it doesn’t spray out then you’re not building any pressure.
Old Mar 26, 2011, 01:34 PM
Evolving Member

Well I just went out and bleed it again. It definitely doesn't bleed with authority. drip drip drip. I will test the sensor when I get it on the lift.

I have the bad feeling that it was just coincidence that when we were working on the removing the clutch master restrictive pill that this started having problems a few days later. There are pumps on ebay for 500 bucks. Most on the forum sell for around 300 when they come up.

Steffen I am thinking there is opportunity here for your pump rebuilding.
I am betting that if you did some sort of core exchange deal, or parts kit selling for the US market that many of us could find a local shop to do the work.

I am afraid that many of the used pumps are going to have similar mileage/corrosion that will make them fail a short time after purchase The cars arent getting any newer.
Old Mar 26, 2011, 02:46 PM
Evolving Member

sorry if i ask a stupid question, do you move your steering wheel from side to side while bleeding? because if you don't the solenoid is not released and no liquid comes out...
Old Mar 26, 2011, 02:55 PM
Evolving Member

btw, i don't know about yours, but the guy who was turning the bleeder screws on my car was soaked in atf, it just kept going that actually gives me an idea that the pump is fine.

unfortunately i don't have any mechanical gauge to check the pressure, so i'll just borrow a sensor from another car and see what goes next.
Old Mar 27, 2011, 01:12 PM
NPS

I have the ACD problem on my JDM EVO 8 RS rally car too, when we try to bleeding it no pressure in the pipe, the atf is comming to front slow but without bubles. the pump works arround 20 sec. and we have 3 lights on. I found another pressure sensore and change it but nothing changed same again, also changed few pump ECU still same, changed the selonoid still same, there is no corrosion on the pump I get the pump brand new 2 years ago maybe I use it total 3000km.

Please help !!!
Old Mar 27, 2011, 01:19 PM
Evolving Member

^^^ Sounds like a run on ACD pumps coming to a store near you. If this in fact is the issue, then I can't see buying a used pump that will fail shortly thereafter. The idea of having it rebuilt seems like more of a solution.
Old Mar 27, 2011, 01:27 PM
Evolving Member

subscribed for the answer
Old Mar 27, 2011, 03:20 PM
Evolving Member

if a sensor change won't help i guess i will open and try to clean the pump with my mechanic, as well as inspect for any signs of wear. i've also heard that reassembly helps quite often. too bad that we can't check the pressure it generates, it requires 30 bar mechanical gauge and it's a bit of a rare animal. oil pumps are simple in operation, so my thought is that we can clean it no problem. perhaps someone can guide us on reassembly of this pump?

NPS, have you checked an output voltage of your sensor, is it lower than needed? can it be wiring problems in your case?

i'm afraid the answer is going to be different each time, it is possible that multiple parts of this unit are prone to failure...
Old Mar 27, 2011, 04:24 PM
Evolving Member

here are some other threads regarding the same subject...

please add more if you know more, let's make it the definitive solution to a common problem.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...code-82-a.html
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ec...ights-fyi.html
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...cd-lights.html
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ge...-3-lit-up.html
Old Mar 27, 2011, 04:32 PM
Evolved Member

Go the positive side of the battery where the factory cable in connected, look for the inline fuse and you will see one of the two connection is blown. Let me know if I won
Old Mar 28, 2011, 05:44 AM
Evolving Member

both fuses are intact, changed my battery to a fresh one, will see what gives
so far, no lights...

Quick Reply: Fix My ACD Problem and I will pay you!