Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

High Revving Setup

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2011, 02:09 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You may want to look at going for a LR2.0L rather than a regular 2.0L.... or maybe building a destrokered 4g64 short block.

Basically you want a strong light rotating assembly. Manley turbo tuff ibeams are pretty heavy too so you're not off to a great start. If you're building it for the strip I would opt for alloy rods. Steel for a street car. I would also stress the importance of fitting the best rod bolts you can get!

You'll have to ditch the air con (it won't last at those revs)
Fit a balance shaft removal kit
Fully dynamic balance your rotating assembly
Fit a Fluidampr crank pulley
Go for a fully worked head
Fit top quality valve gear
You'll need a turbo that flows over 65lb/min

I'm having a LR2.0L build done and hope to rev past 9K. If you're interested have a look here:
http://www.lancerregister.com/showth...ighlight=build

I'm concerned about oil pump failure and considering fitting a dry sump mainly because the OEM pump is likely to fail.

HTH and good luck.

Originally Posted by Babs
Exactly what consists a high revving build? Namely the block...

Keeping my block a 2.0L and I bought Manley TT rods, .020" over AMS/Ross pistons, new stock crankshaft, and Clevite 77 bearings and I wanted to know if I'd be able to hit at least 10k RPM with this setup. I wouldn't be shifting there all the time (more like 8.5k) but I just wanted to have the option if I wanted to when I go big turbo.

I know aluminium rods are an option for the high revving builds but does anybody know how well my setup will hold?

Thanks in advance...

Last edited by Kins; Mar 25, 2011 at 02:22 AM.
Old Mar 25, 2011, 08:21 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Def should go LR. And just curious why you would even think about going to 10k? Think some people loose the idea of over revving. Yeah its nice knowing you can,... but what turbo will you be using?

W/e your set up if going to be, get a dyno sheet for your set up and look to see if you even need to rev that high.
Old Mar 25, 2011, 12:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
R.P.M.

Ruins Peoples Motors
Old Mar 25, 2011, 01:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by still*boostn
Def should go LR. And just curious why you would even think about going to 10k? Think some people loose the idea of over revving. Yeah its nice knowing you can,... but what turbo will you be using?

W/e your set up if going to be, get a dyno sheet for your set up and look to see if you even need to rev that high.
It's definitely not a stock frame turbo...it'd comparatively be between a 35R and a 40R so it could use the extra band but I've decided not to with the info in this thread.
Old Mar 25, 2011, 10:03 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Aluminum rods need re torqued . Maybe for racing but idk if I would want to be dropping the pan on a d d. Gonna need different oil pump system for 10 000 rpm. Good luck .