Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

apexi avcr and tial wastegates

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2011, 10:29 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
apexi avcr and tial wastegates

question i have a avcr and the soleniod has 3 ports boost in boost out then the third which i believe is setup to run to the top port of a waste gate to help control boost? if this is correct does anyone have a diagram or know of how well this works? having trouble controlling boost w/ the controller

currently i have went to a mbc that feeds into the side port on the wastegate and leaving the top port VTA

but if anyone knows how to use the top port on the wastegate to help control boost w/ my EBC's 3rdport?

thanks in advance

or is this right?

currently i am trying to boost control on the bottom nipple and not doing anything on the top nipple and it seems the boost will spike but not hold
Old Apr 3, 2011, 05:19 PM

seems like both diagram is showing the same thing.
Old Apr 3, 2011, 05:30 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 41 Likes on 40 Posts
the two are the same.. and that is how I looked my wastegate up on my EWG WRX with a stock td04. Any other method and the turbo spooled too quick for the BCS to flow air to just the bottom port. So if you hook it up direct to a boost source to the bottom port, and use the BCS to add boost to the top port, you essentially assist the spring in making more boost. This method is particularly useful when you are dealing with quicker spooling setups.
Old Apr 3, 2011, 05:59 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 211ratsbud
the two are the same.. and that is how I looked my wastegate up on my EWG WRX with a stock td04. Any other method and the turbo spooled too quick for the BCS to flow air to just the bottom port. So if you hook it up direct to a boost source to the bottom port, and use the BCS to add boost to the top port, you essentially assist the spring in making more boost. This method is particularly useful when you are dealing with quicker spooling setups.
which makes since being a twin scroll on a 2.4 so the side goes to boost and the boost controller goes between the boost and the top port controlling how much helping pressure it gives the spring on the back side