Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Ever wonder what 800ft/lbs of Torque does to a transmission?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2011, 01:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by bostonhatcher
Sounds like he needs to learn to drive.

First of all, I wouldn't be taking a fresh setup to the track and try to drive it like I stole it first pass. SHAKEDOWN passes first. Smooth launches, smooth shifting, leaning into the throttle. Learn the car. You have no idea what to expect with a monster like this, and look what you discovered in the first 5 feet of the 1/4 mile: a broken tranny.

Second of all, never dump the clutch. Preload the drivetrain by applying brakes slightly engaging the clutch, and it's a quick but not instant clutch pedal release. Dumping the clutch will only net you inconsistent 60' times anyway.
hahah Look at Serious Sally over here...
Old Apr 15, 2011, 02:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

First of all, I wouldn't be taking a fresh setup to the track and try to drive it like I stole it first pass. SHAKEDOWN passes first. Smooth launches, smooth shifting, leaning into the throttle. Learn the car. You have no idea what to expect with a monster like this, and look what you discovered in the first 5 feet of the 1/4 mile: a broken tranny.

Second of all, never dump the clutch. Preload the drivetrain by applying brakes slightly engaging the clutch, and it's a quick but not instant clutch pedal release. Dumping the clutch will only net you inconsistent 60' times anyway.
thanks for the info John Force

i cant wait to see this magazine
Old Apr 15, 2011, 04:26 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bla bla bla bla bla bla. Hahaha
Old Apr 15, 2011, 11:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Says the guy with a stock turbo evo.
Old Apr 15, 2011, 11:41 PM

this made me laugh...
Old Apr 15, 2011, 11:56 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by project_skyline
Old Apr 16, 2011, 12:15 AM
Evolved Member

He has a 3g eclipse.
Old Apr 16, 2011, 02:02 AM

You do realize that we only had one pass...maybe two if time allowed. FYI...this was not a new combo, and I may have made a pass or two or 600 or so down the 1320. But thanx for the tips. Ill try and keep that in mind next time.
mikey
Old Apr 16, 2011, 10:07 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 3gEclipseTurbo
He has a 3g eclipse.
Who cares?
Old Apr 16, 2011, 11:48 AM
Evolved Member

Who cares?

I was just letting you know.
Old Apr 18, 2011, 06:32 PM
Account Disabled

Pics back up.
Old Apr 18, 2011, 08:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You sir are a complete asshat.
Old Apr 19, 2011, 02:49 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by blackenedwings
You sir are a complete asshat.
I'm so confused....
Old Apr 19, 2011, 03:00 PM
Evolved Member

I'm so confused....
you telling them how to drive,is like me telling Charlie Sheen how to party

chill out brotato
Old May 2, 2011, 08:44 PM

Haha Thanks SOeuro.....So did anyone get the Dsport yet? It shows the dyno with the RPM. The reason the torque was so high is the cam timing set for extreme cylinder pressures on the midrange. Also the articles states we use JE pistons. We do not....They are CP pistons. One more thing, we were at 42psi not 38 as the article states.

Mikey

Quick Reply: Ever wonder what 800ft/lbs of Torque does to a transmission?