Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Straight pipes... Pics and questions

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2011, 07:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Straight pipes... Pics and questions

Hey guys so i am looking to make a straight pipe from my downpipe back. who all here has a straight pipe and what do you love/hate about it? i want to do this because i like to try new things and around my area a straight pipe is very rare. how did you guys make yours ? how many bends where involved? did you make it exit straight out like a stock exhaust or did you just bend it up and go out slanted? i know the one car the dark green one license plate frame says Beware Asian driver has one of my favorite setups for a straight pipe.

So post up pics of your straight pipes and if you can let me know what you love about the or what you hate. and also how they sound if you have a good video post it up
Old Apr 13, 2011, 08:14 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had a Cobb turboback exhaust and I had a friends shop make me rear axle back section with a flange that I can swap back and forth with the cobb rear muffler section. I also have a test pipe and all the resonators were removed. I had them angle out the stainless steel pipe out. And its loud. Even at idle. I wouldn't recommend it for daily in my opinion. Sounds loud and mean but just to loud for me.
Old Apr 13, 2011, 10:34 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by shifthard
I had a Cobb turboback exhaust and I had a friends shop make me rear axle back section with a flange that I can swap back and forth with the cobb rear muffler section. I also have a test pipe and all the resonators were removed. I had them angle out the stainless steel pipe out. And its loud. Even at idle. I wouldn't recommend it for daily in my opinion. Sounds loud and mean but just to loud for me.
thats the setup im looking to run i have a JGT500 but i want to get the axel back section to swap in and out just because the exhaust is rediculously loud to begin with
Old Apr 13, 2011, 10:36 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts
show n shine = show something

technical = elsewhere

moved...
Old Apr 14, 2011, 05:18 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by chaotichoax
show n shine = show something

technical = elsewhere

moved...
I did ask people to post pictures but I understand thank you
Old Apr 14, 2011, 07:45 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I did the same thing shifthard did. I have the cobbs cat back and i made then cut and weld a flange right before the muffler and replace it with a straight pipe. It sounds awesome. I have a resonated test pipe and all the stock resonators still in. Its loud when you get on the throttle with a lot of load but cruise in low rpm or the highway isnt significantly louder. it sounds 10 times means almost has a sti boxer engine sound to it..which i love..Ill try to get you pictures of my dirty car today
Old Apr 14, 2011, 07:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i made a thread a little bit ago...check it out...

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...-good-bad.html
Old Apr 14, 2011, 10:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
well op to add im runnin a jgt500 exhaust too, between titek 02 housing dc sports cat delete downpipe and that exhaust, mine was too loud too, so after the downpipe catback flange, i had 2 18" preforated style resonators welded into the exhaust catback, which can still be loud but at highway speeds in vacuum just cruisin cant even hear it over my radio.. loud is fun, but after a while it gets old, and besides seein people look at you when there drivin next to you before you even get side by side thats how you know its loud...
Old Apr 14, 2011, 08:28 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dastallion951
well op to add im runnin a jgt500 exhaust too, between titek 02 housing dc sports cat delete downpipe and that exhaust, mine was too loud too, so after the downpipe catback flange, i had 2 18" preforated style resonators welded into the exhaust catback, which can still be loud but at highway speeds in vacuum just cruisin cant even hear it over my radio.. loud is fun, but after a while it gets old, and besides seein people look at you when there drivin next to you before you even get side by side thats how you know its loud...
i have the JGT with a megan 02 and downpipe to a testpipe and i was going to possibly keep the resonator on the test pipe from the JGT i just want something different that i can put on and take off at will. i get bored of the same old **** and i like to change it up every now and again
Old Apr 14, 2011, 08:41 PM
Evolved Member

It is LOUD as f***. 3"

but i love mine.
Old Apr 14, 2011, 09:02 PM
Evolving Member

Sometime you just want loud. I like mine mild but somedays I just want it loud lol.
Old Apr 14, 2011, 09:09 PM
Evolving Member

what length and thickness would you buy? If this is cheaper then buying a turboback then their is a high chance i will do it.
Old Apr 14, 2011, 09:11 PM
Evolving Member

If you wait till tomorrow I can take a vid of mine. I have a QTP down pipe, cobb test pipe and hks high power cat back... I got rid of the muffler section and have a straight pipe. It does still however have the resonator but thats because I figured the car would sound too raspy under load.
Old Apr 14, 2011, 09:21 PM
Evolving Member

Deleted

Last edited by inf0; Apr 15, 2011 at 07:50 AM.
Old Apr 14, 2011, 09:24 PM
Evolving Member

megan exhaust 3 inch turbo back straight pipe

Quick Reply: Straight pipes... Pics and questions