Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Hks Ssqv

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2003, 02:17 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hks Ssqv

on lancershop.com they have this listed with a flange kit and a recirculation kit... do I really need the recirculation kit to hook it up I cant just have it vent to the atmosphere???

-non
Old Dec 19, 2003, 02:18 PM
Evolving Member

Well you can but i have heard lots of complaints about stalling and boggin down. I would get the recir. it might not be as loud but you will still be able to hear it.
Old Dec 20, 2003, 12:14 AM
Evolving Member

but I could always add the recirc later if I have problems right???

-non
Old Dec 20, 2003, 12:39 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by EVOFREAK
Well you can but i have heard lots of complaints about stalling and boggin down. I would get the recir. it might not be as loud but you will still be able to hear it.
yup! i have the same problem bout stallin n boggin down n its driving me nuts! almost got me into accident twice when the engine suddenly shut down by itself when i was exiting on a freeway n makin a left turn. almost hit a truck coz the steering wheel is lock n the brake refused to work. Praise the Lord, I notice that the engine was shut down by itself and immediately I start the engine back and finish my turn

anyhow if i were you i would get the recirc kit since sooner or later you would NEED it badly and pay extra on the shipping.

just my 2 cent
Old Dec 20, 2003, 12:42 AM
Evolving Member

and the people with the recirc kit are having no problems or just less problems...

-non
Old Dec 20, 2003, 01:24 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Less problems, I just took the recirc fitting off now I am venting to atmosphere again. Its not that bad you "learn" to compensate for it and not stall. Like when you let off the gas, don't imediatle step on the clutch, wait a second, then step on it and the car will not stall. I saw an increase of boost when I installed this blow off valve, I am now peaking close to 1.5 bar without and type of boost control/modification. My only mods are intake, test pipe, and reflash.

- Erik