Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

GSC S2 on back order?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2011, 06:43 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GSC S2 on back order?

I hope this is the right forum. I ordered a set of GSC S2 cams for my evo 9 back in January from a vendor on here, I know they are on back order when I ordered them but I still haven't received them yet. I keep being told a few weeks or five more days and so on. My question is has anyone received there cams yet since they were put on back order last summer or fall? Just wondering because it's taking forever and I really want to start my build.

Bryan
Old Apr 28, 2011, 07:05 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From January to Now, that's some crazy back order, Cams Usually aren't on that long of a back order
Old Apr 28, 2011, 07:12 PM
Evolving Member

Yeah I thought I would have them in a month at the longest from when inordered them. I'm getting kind of frustrated but we will see what happens I'm trying to just be patient.

Bryan
Old Apr 28, 2011, 07:18 PM
Evolving Member

iirc greg at gsc sold his year supply of cams in half year(2010) and the ppl building them are now "busy" with larger customers that have now started to build stuff again and put greg's cams and others on that back shelf of things to do ...so its a wait till they make them and he can get them sent out... might try to give him a call during the day and see if he can tell you anything more
Old Apr 28, 2011, 07:19 PM
Evolving Member

I ordered my GSC S2 cams from GSC on November 10 and I just looked through my e-mails and i got a shipment notification on December 10.

It did take a while but I dont see why it would take as long as you've waited.

Which Vendor?
Old Apr 28, 2011, 07:21 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evoboi005
iirc greg at gsc sold his year supply of cams in half year(2010) and the ppl building them are now "busy" with larger customers that have now started to build stuff again and put greg's cams and others on that back shelf of things to do ...so its a wait till they make them and he can get them sent out... might try to give him a call during the day and see if he can tell you anything more
^ that would make sense.

Yea I would give greg a call. He would be able to clear things up
Old Apr 28, 2011, 07:37 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evoboi005
I spoke with Greg back in late January and was told At the latest April 1st so I waited and no luck. I then contacted the vendor the order was purchased through and was told next week (nothing) then was told by Friday still nothing and now I was told by the first I will hear something. So we will see by Sunday hopefully, I'm not in a rush and don't think it's the vendors fault (I hope not at least) but just want to see if anyone else is still waiting and in the same boat as me.

Bryan

Last edited by bryanf; Apr 28, 2011 at 07:39 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old Apr 28, 2011, 07:59 PM

My gsc s2 cams for an 8 took almost a month to get when ordered back in March
Old Apr 28, 2011, 08:13 PM
Former Sponsor

been on backorder since january atleast which is correct.. Some of the vendors are not even direct with GSC so when they do come available they may not even see them anyway until the next shipment.. We have over 20 sets on order.. Waiting on that next batch any day tho..
Old Apr 28, 2011, 08:23 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I was looking around and everyone told me they were on back order. I went straight to GSC and got them less than a week later. They even let me use my Trini CC to get my 6008S2.
Old Apr 28, 2011, 08:25 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by ecktt
I was looking around and everyone told me they were on back order. I went straight to GSC and got them less than a week later. They even let me use my Trini CC to get my 6008S2.
That evo 8 not Ix.. I had 12 sets on the shelf until this week..
Old Apr 28, 2011, 08:33 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by AWD Motorsports
been on backorder since january atleast which is correct.. Some of the vendors are not even direct with GSC so when they do come available they may not even see them anyway until the next shipment.. We have over 20 sets on order.. Waiting on that next batch any day tho..
Thanks for the info that makes me feel better I was just wondering If anyone else is having this same issue. I do see the 8 cams coming and going since I put my order in and you would think that they would be waiting on them also but guess not. Hopefully we can all gets some cams soon and see how good these new sticks are gonna work on our cars.

Bryan
Old Apr 28, 2011, 08:41 PM
Former Sponsor

The s2 cams we are waiting on have not changed from the sets sold thru all of 2010.. people still ask for the new S2 but i think the old s2 stopped production in 09 anyway..
Old Apr 28, 2011, 08:46 PM
Evolving Member

I heard they went through another company for the blanks is this true?

Originally Posted by AWD Motorsports
The s2 cams we are waiting on have not changed from the sets sold thru all of 2010.. people still ask for the new S2 but i think the old s2 stopped production in 09 anyway..
Old Apr 28, 2011, 08:50 PM
Evolving Member

I ordered the same time as the OP (January). Received a few notifications of backorder, cancelled it and just bit the bullet and got the S3 cams for my 2.4. =]

Quick Reply: GSC S2 on back order?