Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Nuke Performance blow off valve?

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2011, 10:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'd say just go with the norm and not something that is made in another country that could be a knockoff. Might as well go buy a made in china tial then.
Old May 5, 2011, 12:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by trialsindude
Might as well go buy a made in china tial then.
x2^. It looks cool, but you never know, it may be a lemon if you were to get it, and i don't think it would be the easiest to return.
Old May 6, 2011, 07:38 AM
Evolved Member

What does it matter if I look at parts in another country? Our entire car for god sakes is made in another country.....

I was just curious if any evo guys were running one or have heard anything on them. That's all.
Old Feb 17, 2014, 09:42 PM

Hey guys,

I realize this is an old thread, however, I figured what was the harm in throwing the info out there as other people may stumble across this (as I did) or maybe EvoDom may even find this still useful.

Nuke makes great products and their blow off valve is no exception. Their stuff is extremely popular with the BMW/European crowd, hence why you have probably have heard very little of them. Their product line-up all has a very simplistic and ergonomic design principle while at the same time being extremely competitive from a performance perspective.

I would personally say that their blow off valves exceed the performance offered by Tial and certainly have far better aesthetics and overall better construction. Note, this is a completely personal preference as I have no statistical numbers of any kind to back that up. Having used Tial's 50mm BOV in the past, I hand over hand prefer the Nuke.

Yes, the Nuke valve is considerably more expensive.
Yes, the Nuke valve is manufactured and designed in a foreign country (Sweden).
And, yes, Tial will most likely remain to be the more popular choice.

We all know very well that when it comes to automotive parts you ALWAYS get what you pay for and I think that's no exception here. The Nuke valve seems to perform great: They seal very well, are accurate, and have solid construction. They perform just as good or better IMO as the TIAL valves.

All of that said, I don't understand how a lot of you guys boast that the Tial valves are made in the U.S. when all of your cars are made in Japan? That doesn't hold a lot of water...

Anywho, if you like the Nuke BOV I def. recommend that you check out their surge tank product that they sell. It's also a really well designed product and has awesome potential as an upgrade point for just about any fuel system.