Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Porting will give me ???hp

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2011, 04:50 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Porting will give me ???hp

Hey peeps....I got a 2.4 fpblack e85 running 35psi but am on stock head/manifolds/throttle body...... I'm wondering if it's worth porting my intake and exhaust manifolds? What gains will I get? Keeping in mind that my head ports are stock ...opinions?
Old May 16, 2011, 05:51 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes port both if can...also get a 65-70mm TB ...Idk specific gain #s but I would say a little better spool and maybe 10-20whp gain ...don't quote me tho! GL
Old May 16, 2011, 06:28 AM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
I don't think this is really a question anybody is going to be able to answer correctly... someone could tell you 30whp you could get 10....

IMO you are better off getting a tubular exh manifold, 70mm TB, and ported Intake manifold... I would do it in that order too if you didn't want to do it all at once.
Old May 16, 2011, 01:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
yes porting will give you more power if the parts are ported correctly. a bad port job will cause you to loose power. so you have to be cariful when doing it. make sure you get a reptuable shop to do the work for you so you know its done right. ALL parts on my car are ported. Dont forget you might want to port the hotside of your fp black as well
Old May 16, 2011, 02:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There's also gonna be those, like me, that will argue porting your IM without porting the intake ports of the head will yield small minimal gains if any compared to port matching the head and intake manifold all because even tho the openings of the runners are larger its still going to have to be forced through the stock smaller opening of the intake runners in the head. Just my two cents. And I doubt you will see more than 10hp doing the work without porting the head since that's where most of the power in port jobs lies. No one will be able to tell u how much power you will gain tho. Its impossible. That is all going to depend on how good of a job is done and would vary from shop to shop and how much is ported etc etc etc

Also as said before if done wrong you can lose power.