Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

ETS 3.5" vs 4" core fitment

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2011, 08:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ETS 3.5" vs 4" core fitment

Hello,

I am looking for feeback on fitment of the ETS Standard Tanks 3.5" & 4" intercoolers on an Evo 8. I don't care about the crash bar since most likely I will remove it anyway. Also I am not looking for peoples opinions but actual owners feeback on fitment. Still deciding if I should go 3.5" or 4" on a stock frame turbo. Comments are welcome.
Old May 18, 2011, 09:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
im using a ets 3.5 fits fine with crash beam recently went with a fp black so i might go with a
4" or the 3.8 garret core ets very nice product
Old May 18, 2011, 09:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by racer135
Hello,

I am looking for feeback on fitment of the ETS Standard Tanks 3.5" & 4" intercoolers on an Evo 8. I don't care about the crash bar since most likely I will remove it anyway. Also I am not looking for peoples opinions but actual owners feeback on fitment. Still deciding if I should go 3.5" or 4" on a stock frame turbo. Comments are welcome.
Ok, ETS States what needs to be done so asking fitment after the fact is dumb imo. If you want to retaint the crash barget the Garrette 3.8" Core if you do a 4 you lose it or have to hack it. Don't think no one will reply to a thread that is just retarted basicly. ETS does not throw a product out with out fitting it so they already answered this question.
Old May 19, 2011, 01:59 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by BEISSEN
Ok, ETS States what needs to be done so asking fitment after the fact is dumb imo. If you want to retaint the crash barget the Garrette 3.8" Core if you do a 4 you lose it or have to hack it. Don't think no one will reply to a thread that is just retarted basicly. ETS does not throw a product out with out fitting it so they already answered this question.
Have you heard the concept of manufacturing variability???? If you do not have anything constructive to say then don't say anything.

I am looking for feeback on actual users not opinions on what you read on a website.
Old May 19, 2011, 02:14 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts
They fit. We build everything in house here and it all has to fit the exact same jig prior to shipment. We are not one of the companies that purchase a bunch of pre-built products from overseas and hope they fit and just ship them out. We have all seen how good the quality control is over there.

Thanks!

Michael
Old May 19, 2011, 02:20 PM
Evolved Member

3.5" ETS FMIC is sufficient for a stock frame turbo...plus then you get to keep the safety and retain the crash beam.

I have a 3.5" now on the stock turbo and it works great. I planned on eventually doing a turbo upgrade, but would want t remain in the stock frame category, so that also weighed into my decision of getting the 3.5" ETS FMIC.
Old May 19, 2011, 05:14 PM
Evolved Member

Have you heard the concept of manufacturing variability???? If you do not have anything constructive to say then don't say anything.

I am looking for feeback on actual users not opinions on what you read on a website.
WOW, I own a ETS kit and all of know that ETS makes their own stuff and checks it as micheal said which im glad he chimed in. If you dont and cant trust venders that a good portion of members use then why ask. The search button would have also revealed the same answer for you.
Old May 19, 2011, 06:27 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by BEISSEN
WOW, I own a ETS kit and all of know that ETS makes their own stuff and checks it as micheal said which im glad he chimed in. If you dont and cant trust venders that a good portion of members use then why ask. The search button would have also revealed the same answer for you.
Wrong again. Using the search button is why I am asking to see any newer feedback. This is what I get with the serach button: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...tall-help.html
Old May 19, 2011, 10:19 PM
Evolved Member

Wrong again. Using the search button is why I am asking to see any newer feedback. This is what I get with the serach button: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...tall-help.html
That was a bad thread to referance there are allot more on here lol. Also look in my sig and if you want contact godnf8 hes a friend of mine local he has the 4"I have the 3.5". I gave you direct feedback on install and all and you still want to say Im wrong just buy a ebay kit if you cant decide.
Old May 19, 2011, 11:22 PM
Evolved Member

I had the 3.5 on my car with the fp red, then the fp black. I made over 500hp on a mustang dyno. I think the 3.5 is perfect for any stock frame turbos and the fit was perfect with my crash beam. I now have there 4.5 since I went up a few HP and larger turbo.
It took allot of trimming to get the 4.5 to fit but I sure do love it.
Old May 19, 2011, 11:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My 4" ETS core fits behind a stock IX bumper. Its close but it does fit.
Old May 20, 2011, 06:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
The Garrett 3.8" core is the most efficient. You can get it from ETS. It fits very closely using the stock beam. I had to grind a couple spots to satisfy my install standards, but others have done fine without grinding. I think the variability is in the crash beams and washers, not the intercoolers.
Old May 20, 2011, 11:08 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts
I can build it with a Garrett core, but after our recent back order i'm thinking of not offering Garret cores again. We ordered over 40 cores and every single one of them leaked horribly we had 3 that could not be fixed. The others required a ton of time to fix.

I feel bad for anyone who purchases a Garrett core from a manufacturer that does not boost leak and fix the intercooler correctly.

The sigh of relief I received from my shop guys when our core showed up was priceless.

Any other questions, let me know!

Michael