Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

400awhp daily

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2011, 07:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
or since e85 isnt available do what most of the east coast guys do tryin to hit big hp numbers, look into a meth injection aquamist i know makes a great kit, hell u might break 400 on stock turbo with supporting mods so long as its cool there, but from what u were sayin before stay away from there street core, not saying its bad, but youll want an ic at least 3.5 " so look into there race core, or maybe an ets ic as well. Im swapping my xs engineering fmic which is 3.0" for an ets 3.5", my goal is 450 but on a dynojet, now ive got prolly 4x the amount invested in my setup compared to ya, so remember buy the right mods the first time dont go cheap, when you go cheap you always replace it a second time, and in the end will disappoint you over the number you hit, compared to the number you wanted.
Old May 27, 2011, 07:34 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
400-450 on md is sufficient for me.

what size injectors and what valvesprings & retainers do you all use up going with?

ETS is probably a good choice for the cost.

but how much difference can the "shortest route" vs stock route be?

i baby the car.. and it gets driven roughly 50 miles a week if that. and more than 3/4 the time im not even hitting it.
Old May 27, 2011, 07:44 PM
Evolved Member

well if your shootin for 450 hp on a mustang, even without e85 youll wanna run a minimum of 1k cc injectors...as long as your tuner knows what hes doin he can scale em properly and youll get good gas mileage, I for example, have pte 880s and a single walbro and one tank of gas with light on mostly highway miles i clocked 290. As far as springs/retainers go, you dont need them unless your swapping in aggresive cams, gsc s2s and kelford 272s, as long as you stay with stock rev limit theyll be fine, but when you wanna start pushin 8k rpms, me im running crower springs/retainers, which are good. My cams i currently have are hks 272s, but im swappin them in the next few weeks for some gsc s2s... so since you have a ix, look into the kelfords or gscs, and with your mivec you can get the idle dialed in nice. As far as ic piping goes, my ets short route uicp has 2 ft less of bends, which = quicker spool up time, better transient response( meaning reboostin after each gear), all in all much better. Now you go short route your alternative is either a) mini battery, which I ran but could barely handle stock sound system with two 10" kicker comps, or you can do what I did and relocate your battery to the trunk. Since you have a stock battery, buy yourself a relocation kit, put it in the trunk, you dont realize how much easier it is to do a lot of stuff, when your battery is no longer underneath the hood hah
Old May 27, 2011, 07:50 PM

Very good info!!!
Old May 27, 2011, 08:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by dastallion951
....mini battery, which I ran..but could barely handle stock sound system with two 10" kicker comps.....
"...10-inch kickers..." Huh? JK LOL
Old May 27, 2011, 08:09 PM
Evolved Member

yea meaning not an overpowering sound system, but enough to make the lights dim horribly on the dash with my normal lights on, not enough cranking amps or cold cranking amps...for a system plus normal accesories, so the easier and less problematic of the mini battery vs relocation is to go relocated.
Old May 27, 2011, 08:22 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by FJF
Do yourself a favor and take the car to a good shop, tell them what you want and how much cash you have. Good luck.

+1, good luck
Old May 27, 2011, 08:35 PM
FJF
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
...deleted.
Old May 27, 2011, 08:45 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by FJF
...deleted.
Old May 27, 2011, 09:06 PM

good luck with your plans. i drove mine around with around 330 for almost three years and it wasnt till now that I decided to do a big boy build and go over 400. my only recommendation is to not rush things and do things right the first time! with some good research on here and shop you can trust to do some good work you will be just fine DD at over 400.
Old May 27, 2011, 09:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Also, keep in mind...in many cases you will find that a car with less peak hp and more room under the curve is much faster on the street. A 400 whp car with plenty of midrange will wax a car with a big laggy turbo and small area under the curve. If you are basing your desire for 450 awhp off a gut feeling, you may want to shoot for ~400. The BBK-Full and FP HTA Green can both achieve great numbers north of 400 awhp on pump gas without losing significant spool from the stock turbo. I personally would rather have a 400 whp car with tons of usable power than a 500 whp car with tons of lag.

Springs/retainers somewhat depends on the intended rev limit and the cams you end up going with. Good luck!
Old May 27, 2011, 09:27 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by blackenedwings
Also, keep in mind...in many cases you will find that a car with less peak hp and more room under the curve is much faster on the TRACK. A 400 whp car with plenty of midrange will wax a car with a big laggy turbo and small area under the curve ON THE TRACK.
Fixed.

We're not talking about street racing here, right?
Old May 27, 2011, 09:38 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by PhrequenC
how streetable is a 400awhp car?

i feel ike i been diiggin around the board since dec and havent really gotten much info.

most poeple are using greens getting 415ish on E85. Not available in my area though.
400awhp very street-able.

Dig harder. Info is there. But everyone has different opinions. Look in the dyno results section and check out some of the equipment in the cars.

Not having E85 close by is a real bummer.

Good luck on your choices
Old May 28, 2011, 04:23 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by blackenedwings
Also, keep in mind...in many cases you will find that a car with less peak hp and more room under the curve is much faster on the street. A 400 whp car with plenty of midrange will wax a car with a big laggy turbo and small area under the curve. If you are basing your desire for 450 awhp off a gut feeling, you may want to shoot for ~400. The BBK-Full and FP HTA Green can both achieve great numbers north of 400 awhp on pump gas without losing significant spool from the stock turbo. I personally would rather have a 400 whp car with tons of usable power than a 500 whp car with tons of lag.

Springs/retainers somewhat depends on the intended rev limit and the cams you end up going with. Good luck!
i have kept that in mind, which is why i feel stock turbo will be useless becuase it falls off up top..
Old May 28, 2011, 07:45 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by golgo13
Fixed.

We're not talking about street racing here, right?
Lol, I should have been more clear... I meant "street" generically in terms of real world performance.

Quick Reply: 400awhp daily