Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

RnR Racing Turbo Backs

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2003, 06:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RnR Racing Turbo Backs

Well, I just wanted to give my opinion and thoughts to RnR Racing and some of the great work they have done for me and my friend John. I have been doing a lot of researching on here over the last couple weeks before I made me first purchase.

I read the review earlier and I had a very different experience with the parts I have ordered.

I called them last week and talked to Richard and Ryan. I expressed that I was looking for two turbo back exhaust systems. I needed one for myself and one for John. What the big deal was that I needed the parts before Christmas. After talking with Ryan he said he had both the 3" SS Turbo back and the 3" SS 02 Elim Turbo back in stock. I was happy to hear that so I asked if he could get them to me early this week. He assured me it wouldn't be a problem because they had them in stock.

So I went ahead and ordered them. He said they would be here Wed. Well we got them today. I was so surprised because I paid for ground shipping and he sent 3 day air at no charge to me just so I could have them when I wanted it. I am accross the country.

I ordered the 02 elim Turbo back and my friend ordered the standard turbo back. Other than they are the same. Test pipes and Magnaflow mufflers.

The install of the standard was real simple. It included the SS band clamps and everything fit perfect. No problems and plenty of clearence using the spacer kit. The sound was real clean and nice.

Now onto my 02 elim turbo back. I had heard a couple stories of flange problems, but when I talked to Ryan he said they had changed supplier and it was no longer a problem. Well we pulled the stock 02 sensor housing and installed the beautiful downpipe. It fit perfect and everything went together pretty easily.

Now for the results between the two different systems. Both cars are stock except for the exhaust. My 02 elim spools about 300rpm sooner then John standard turbo back. My car just feels better than his all around.

I just want to give a big thumbs up to RnR for making me a very happy customer. I am going to tell all friends about the great products they have. Overall I wouldn't change anything except I would have made me friend order the 02 elim TB.

RnR keep your head because a lot us know you do real good work.
Old Dec 23, 2003, 06:51 PM
Evolving Member

very nice. in case RNR replies to the post, I wanted to know if the o2 eliminator downpipe will ever be sold by itself, without the catback... I've seen a few out there that sell the entire turbo back, but I'm really just interested on the downpipe section. thanx.
Old Dec 23, 2003, 07:03 PM
Evolved Member

Jessy, I am glad you like the systems. Thanks for nice comments. We will keep our heads up. We work hard over here and pride ourselves on customer service. We do everything we can to make our customers happy.

We found the same results going from the standard turbo back like everyone else sells to the 02 elim turbo back. We also found 9whp extra from the change along with 300rpm faster spool.

We sell a 3" SS 02 elim downpipe for $395. We are also releasing our 02 elim downpipe with external dump. This should provide even better spool, qwesome sound and even more power.
Old Dec 23, 2003, 07:10 PM
Evolved Member

double
Old Dec 23, 2003, 07:20 PM

RnR, do you plan to run any specials on your turbo kits. I know a lot of people are really interested in them. I was looking at your 50 trim kits. I know you can get 450whp and full boost by 3600rpm.

Also we have 5 EVO's in our crew and we are going to buy all our parts through you guys. We all love the look of your exhaust. The SS muffler 4" tip are perfect. It has a slight angle, but nothing crazy.

Also the sound is real nice unlike the Buschur unit my friend has that rattles like crazy and is super loud.
Old Dec 23, 2003, 08:24 PM
Evolving Member

awesome...!!! I've been searching for a product like this for quite some time, the average o2 housing goes for like $250+ on it's own... sick... my order will be following soon
Old Dec 24, 2003, 04:03 AM
Evolving Member

Hmmm
I hope I am wrong on this but this thread and poster looks real suspect
After that other thread about RNR I'm thinking lots of potential customers were lost
Then this poster registers and the review of RNR just sounds tooo good,countering everything bad said about them
Post looks like someone doing damage control, then there's a follow up post talking about their turbo kit and since we all know that Buschur's exhaust is selling damn well this poster has to bash Buschur at the end hmmmmmmmm
Then the kicker is both the new poster and RNR type the same way
Sometimes skipping 2,3,4,5 etc... spaces before another sentence hmmmm
Periods and spacings during sentences all look the same too
Spelling is kinda suspect too as an example both type 02 elim downpipe the same way, while most people would use an o , same abbreviations too

If this was posted at the same computer with a static ip and he wasn't using any proxy servers to change his ip then mods can find out real quick if it's the same person
Again I hope I am wrong but I don't like people doing this kind of stuff and this post just seemed real fishy to me
Old Dec 24, 2003, 10:44 AM
Evolving Member

haha, wow, junior spy... haha, nah man, I myself have really been looking for an item like this withought getting some true jdm shizznit for like twice the price... if I wasn't getting this one, I would be getting the hks downpipe... I haven't done a search on problems with the rnr yet( though I do recall someone saying that the back of the radiator was all black) but I'll check it out...
Old Dec 24, 2003, 11:19 AM
Evolved Member

so wene is this new o2 eliim dp gonna be avalible with external dump! any possabilitys it could be put on my car while yall have it = )
Old Dec 24, 2003, 11:26 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by Evo2Envy
haha, wow, junior spy... haha, nah man, I myself have really been looking for an item like this withought getting some true jdm shizznit for like twice the price... if I wasn't getting this one, I would be getting the hks downpipe... I haven't done a search on problems with the rnr yet( though I do recall someone saying that the back of the radiator was all black) but I'll check it out...

I was talking about the first poster
Your post didn't alarm me