Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Exedy stages

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2011, 02:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exedy stages

After coming to an end of the build I am trying to figure out which clutch to install on an 8 making around 400 foot pounds of torque. In the past I ran several ACT series clutches and setups and didnt have a problem. Then Twin is the best but has anyone pushed the stock, stage 1 or stage 2 clutch disks?
Old Jun 1, 2011, 04:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Boostedx11
After coming to an end of the build I am trying to figure out which clutch to install on an 8 making around 400 foot pounds of torque. In the past I ran several ACT series clutches and setups and didnt have a problem. Then Twin is the best but has anyone pushed the stock, stage 1 or stage 2 clutch disks?
Yes, tried the stage 2, destroyed in 15,000 miles. If I could go back to day 1 I would just buy the Exedy twin HD the first time... the price is the same as the combined cost of the two single plate clutches that I've had before I finally gave up and went to the twin.
Old Jun 2, 2011, 07:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i would too but after finishing things up 2 grand for one is a little out of the budget... i may settle for a 6 puck act