Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Buschur exhaust on my evo ix

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2011, 04:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Buschur exhaust on my evo ix

I have a question and maybe someone could help me out. I have the Buschur turbo back with what im pretty sure is the bullet muffler. I bought the car a few weeks ago and it has the high flow cat, I want to buy the test pipe to get rid of the cat. I was wondering if the test pipe will make it allot louder and if I will have to get my car tuned again after?
Old Jun 1, 2011, 07:55 PM

from the 300 cell cat to a test pipe will make it somewhat louder. if its the bullet muffler, its already loud anyway, so.
And it would probably be best to get a retune, but i dont know if its necessary? Definitely check your before and after AFRs. What else is done to the car? I wouldnt think that gains from the test pipe over the cat are worth paying to have the car tuned again. You planning any other mods?

Last edited by stackhouse; Jun 1, 2011 at 08:05 PM.
Old Jun 1, 2011, 08:21 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
If your gonna get a test pipe just gobwith an eBay pipe to be honest. And you may feel a slight increase in power but prolly not worth getting it retuned. Watch your boost level and adjust it down a tad if the a/f's aren't safe.
Old Jun 1, 2011, 08:34 PM

i make over 600 hp behonest with u can buy a ebay test pipe and u don,t need a retune just for test pipe.
Old Jun 1, 2011, 08:45 PM

As of now I have the full turbo back, Buschur Front mount with ic piping ,ported exhaust manifold, megan 02 housing, Buschur Intake, Forge bov, Forge mbc, solid motor and trans mounts, torque damper, and an exedy twin. From what I know its tuned to 23psi at ams and it put down 331whp. Thats what the previous owner told me so im not 100% positive, it has the two step set at around 5500k and the boost gauge shows im peaking boost at 23psi. So im guessing that must mean it is tuned. In a few months im looking to buy cams, injectors,pump,and possibly an FP Red. As for the test pipe I would just like to free up the exhaust and have no restrictions and get a little louder sound out of it along with a slight power gain.