Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Vishnu timeslips

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2003, 08:34 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Darryl@Ultimate Racing
Hey great times! What turbocharger are you using?

Darryl
Thanks Darryl,
Like Brett said, it's running a GT3037. The smaller of our two options. The bigger one is going to be best suited for stroker motors or built 2.0s that can rev higher. The little 'un, on the stock engine, is wonderfully responsive with essentially no lag time between shifts.

Also, I guess you're the man to ask:

How are you getting those high trap speeds? Are you shifting into 5th? Or you are running a higher rev limit? Judging by the 1/8th traps, our car should be able to get into 125-126mph traps if it wasn't rev limited in 4th by the end of the 1/4 mile. It's just smacking away on the limiter for the last second of the run. And I'm not too confident that I an shift to 5th quickly enough without seeing my ET go sour. What's your secret, if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks!
shiv
Old Dec 29, 2003, 08:37 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by SzuChenEvo
Great times! Just wondering...what did you do different on that second run that made the E.T. time so much better than the first?
I actually launched the car instead of just rolling out of the lights like an old lady. I also ran full boost, hence the big improvement in trap speeds in the 8th mile.

Thanks for the kind words guys,
shiv
Old Dec 29, 2003, 08:38 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
We're running the HKS 272's as well as an increased rev limit.
Old Dec 29, 2003, 08:41 AM
Evolved Member

We're running the HKS 272's as well as an increased rev limit.
We bumped the rev limit a little bit to 7750mph which is about as high I want to go on a stock motor/head. I'm afraid of those wimpy rod bolts snapping. Am I just being paranoid or is there more in there? How high have you been able to bump yours to? Stock internals?

Shiv
Old Dec 29, 2003, 08:58 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
We are on 100% stock internals with an exception of some ARP's. Do you have a dyno chart with your latest upgrades? The 3037 is a nice turbocharger, but from the dyno charts that I've seen it looks to be maxing out a little too soon for our liking. Could it be that you're running out of juice on your 3037?
Old Dec 29, 2003, 09:03 AM
Evolved Member

We are on 100% stock internals with an exception of some ARP's. Do you have a dyno chart with your latest upgrades? The 3037 is a nice turbocharger, but from the dyno charts that I've seen it looks to be maxing out a little too soon for our liking. Could it be that you're running out of juice on your 3037?
I think the 3037 has plenty left in it. And judging by how long I'm stuck against the rev limit at the end of the run, more power is the last thing I'm thinking about. Also, we are not running the same 3037 as comes with the HKS kit, btw. It's built specifically for us. I can post up dyno results either today or tomorrow.

Cheers and thanks for the info....

Shiv
Old Dec 29, 2003, 11:08 AM
Evolved Member

Congrats on the times. That is great. I honestly believe the EVO 8 motor is pretty strong. I think you could rev to 7900rpm without any problems.

You might also want to look into head studs if you don't have them already.
Old Dec 29, 2003, 11:37 AM
Evolving Member

Some 1g guys have been revving the 1st gen 6 bolts to 8800 with stock heads....And your heads are just as good as ours. As for your rod bolts, thats your own game.

For 60 ft's, try to avoid shifting within the 60 ft at the end set aside for it. It just measure how long it takes you to cross the distance and that shift inside there can hurt you. If you can hit 5th before it, do it.
Old Dec 29, 2003, 01:35 PM
Account Disabled

Shiv - you are the only troll low enough to make claims to be the quickest and the fastest while your new timeslips are neither

Congrats on your times - but you show your angry, envious, idoiocy by making any claims to be fastest evo 8 or what ever other junk you are posting on your section of this forum

Further - insulting me and then locking me from replying is just another low class move

Your time is decent - but something that a lot of people could duplicate on a stock turbo - not a bog deal actually

I have not really pushed my car that hard yet as I have been the quickest since June - no need to risk breaking parts on a daily driver to try and beat my won records

Some advice if you want any respect from anyone with a brain - go out and actually BEAT my time - then you can brag

Bragiing BEFORE you beat my time is idiodic
Old Dec 29, 2003, 01:50 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by DynoFlash
Shiv - you are the only troll low enough to make claims to be the quickest and the fastest while your new timeslips are neither

Congrats on your times - but you show your angry, envious, idoiocy by making any claims to be fastest evo 8 or what ever other junk you are posting on your section of this forum

Further - insulting me and then locking me from replying is just another low class move

Your time is decent - but something that a lot of people could duplicate on a stock turbo - not a bog deal actually

I have not really pushed my car that hard yet as I have been the quickest since June - no need to risk breaking parts on a daily driver to try and beat my won records

Some advice if you want any respect from anyone with a brain - go out and actually BEAT my time - then you can brag

Even you Al have to agree first time out on the track with a developing tuner car with a bad 1/4 racer to run with in a 10th of your WORLD TITILE with less then half the money you got into you car is pretty darn good. Also Shiv was bouncing off the rev limiter the last full sec. on his 1/4 run. As you can see his 12.7 was at 122. Now again no NOS with a motor with 27,000 miles on it and 3,750 dyno pulls. And anyone that has driven with Shiv knows never to buy a car from him because of the abuse.

It's amazing how much ammo you supply. So what are you going to say when Vishnu goes out and beats your record???
Old Dec 29, 2003, 01:58 PM
Evolved Member

Last time I checked Al, my car is faster than yours look at the trap speed. I'm a tuner, not a drag racer so I don't think anyone should expect to see any quick times (ET) from me. I'll just settle for the big mph and launch like an old grannie

Cheers,
shiv
Old Dec 29, 2003, 02:04 PM
Evolved Member

Oh Al,

I don't know why in your sig you have dynoflashed with your 11.505 run. You were not using your stock ecu you were using a standalone.

Unlike you Vishnu uses there products to set records. How about this fastest USDM EVO with out NOS on STOCK ECU.

Old Dec 29, 2003, 02:20 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by DynoFlash

Your time is decent - but something that a lot of people could
I have not really pushed my car that hard yet as I have been the quickest since June - no need to risk breaking parts on a daily duplicate on a stock turbo - not a bog deal actually
driver to try and beat my won records

*******. Where is the class or professionalism in all of this. AL, you are low. And sadly, despite the fact that we all like to think we purchase products for their own merits, DYNOFLASH would sell a hundred times better if Shiv was selling it. You just don't have the class nor the professionalism that should be required from large scale vendors. You need to learn from people like Shiv, Dave Buschur, Darryl, and the other people that don't just trash other people's products.

Suggestion: attack the LOGIC of what people are saying, instead of name calling. Thats the fools way out.
Old Dec 29, 2003, 02:40 PM
Evolving Member

Just looking back through the post...Where did Shiv post S**T about Al??? I think it was another user. Al, your a putz!
Old Dec 29, 2003, 03:11 PM
Account Disabled

Originally posted by shiv@vishnu
Last time I checked Al, my car is faster than yours look at the trap speed. I'm a tuner, not a drag racer so I don't think anyone should expect to see any quick times (ET) from me. I'll just settle for the big mph and launch like an old grannie

Cheers,
shiv
Shiv - its one thing vto post up your times - which are decent - - its another thing to post up all sorts of insults and stupid remarks when you are still like 3rd or 4thy fastest

I have trap speeds in the 122 and 123 mpg range

I have a 11.50 with nos and a 11.62 without both quicker than your time

Also - Since July - i only have two drag runs on the track - NO NEED to go back till someone BEATS my time - - comming close is NOT beating me

save the excuses for your sales pitches

Quick Reply: Vishnu timeslips