Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Crankwalk on new engine

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2011, 09:12 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^Si.
Heavy push type clutches wear the bearing, In this case, the bearing fell out likely because the builder made a mistake
Old Jul 13, 2011, 10:35 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
also man i believe that was a mechanic problem because the only time i have seen that exact thing happen when the thrust bearings come out is when they were put in backwards and not getting the oil they need because the groove is not facing the crank and messing everything up.... this was not a clutch problem. one of the reasons mitsu went with a pull style clutch is to help prevent crankwalk good luck. JAM put thrust bearings in wrong on a member on here and is trying to blame everything else.... but themselves
Old Jul 13, 2011, 11:51 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by MRfabolous
also man i believe that was a mechanic problem because the only time i have seen that exact thing happen when the thrust bearings come out is when they were put in backwards and not getting the oil they need because the groove is not facing the crank and messing everything up.... this was not a clutch problem. one of the reasons mitsu went with a pull style clutch is to help prevent crankwalk good luck. JAM put thrust bearings in wrong on a member on here and is trying to blame everything else.... but themselves
i was thinking that... thrust bearing backwards...
Old Jul 13, 2011, 10:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by MRfabolous
this is becoming real common nowadays....alot of amateur builders are getting there hands on evo engines i guess haha
Old Jul 13, 2011, 11:11 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by reactionevo8
this is becoming real common nowadays....alot of amateur builders are getting there hands on evo engines i guess haha
i know right i mean it is not rocket science you just need to pay attention and double check and tripple check everything.and when you put thrust bearings in backwards guess what i guess you didnt double check or tripple check then lol.... to the OP good luck with your motor man if you lived closer to me i would sure give a helping hand i have built many 4g motors.
Old Jan 10, 2012, 08:44 AM

Hello!
Sideck did you ever find out what was the cause of the bearing failure?, I have the same problem, I install 6 months ago and HD act kit and flywheel, and now the crank pulley side thrust bearing is gone so im taking the engine out. Any advice will greatly and will be greatly appreciated.
Old Jan 10, 2012, 09:16 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 191 Likes on 135 Posts
Originally Posted by quiquepr69
Hello!
I install 6 months ago and HD act kit and flywheel, and now the crank pulley side thrust bearing is gone.
I love how people always claim crank walk when clutches are installed and adjusted incorrectly. It has been a dsm fad for years and its so sad.
Old Sep 16, 2012, 11:30 AM
Evolving Member

evo 9

funny my motor log off last nite wit not even 10 miles on it an my buildert said crank walk bcause of the clutch