Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Very Low Fuel Pressure.(((

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2011, 10:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
also, when I loosen the nut, wouldn't that make the car awfully lean again? Tightening and loosening the nut at the top is linked to how much fuel or how less fuel goes to the injectors? Isint it?
Old Jul 20, 2011, 10:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 05blue8
Good call, I shouldn't have assumed it was correctly adjusted upon install...sometimes I give people too much credit. I thought the base pressure was right before, he got a new fuel pump and the issue happened...oops.
Word

Originally Posted by saad601
Thanks binky for the input, what I should do is, loosen da nut on top of the FPR, and which line should I disconect? The feed line going into the intake manifold or the the one going into the fuel rail?
Just like 05blue8 said, only disconnect the line going to the intake manifold.

Then turn the screw to set the base fuel pressure, then tighten the nut.

-Bink
Old Jul 20, 2011, 10:07 AM
Evolved Member

also, when I loosen the nut, wouldn't that make the car awfully lean again? Tightening and loosening the nut at the top is linked to how much fuel or how less fuel goes to the injectors? Isint it?
The nut just loosens the the screw so you can turn it, adjust the fuel pressure, then hold the screw and tighten the nut.

Make sense?

-Bink
Old Jul 20, 2011, 10:21 AM

Just checked..so what I should do is, disconect the vaccum line, start the car?? Loosen the nut? And tighten the Screw until base pressure increses?
Old Jul 20, 2011, 10:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Bingo, that's what you should do, or start the car, pull the line, set the pressure, put the line back on and go for a drive.
Old Jul 20, 2011, 10:36 AM
Evolved Member

Yes exactly. Or if you want to be even more safe about it, loosen the nut on top before starting the car and give the screw a slight turn to give it more fuel (since you already know the fuel pressure is to low), then start the car and adjust it to where it needs to be.

-Bink
Old Jul 20, 2011, 10:54 AM

Thanks a lot guys...its night time here, I give it a go tomm and let u knw..thanks for the help..u guys were really hepful
Old Jul 20, 2011, 12:15 PM

Talked to my mechanic down at the shop..he says he's done it exactly the way u guys hve mentioned..nww whatt...aagghhhh
Old Jul 20, 2011, 12:24 PM
Evolved Member

If he's tried to adjust it and the adjustment isn't working the regulator is bad. I have done it myself where I tried to turn the screw with an allen wrench without loosening that nut and it strips that hole out and ruins the regulator.

Time for a new regulator it appears. I guess you could disassemble that one and repair the threads and such if you really wanted but there is definitely something wrong with it.

If you pull off the vacuum hose with the car running and the fuel pressure doesn't change AND you've confirmed there is vacuum to that hose i.e. it isn't clogged, kinked, or torn, then the fpr is bad.
Old Jul 20, 2011, 12:40 PM
Evolved Member

Talked to my mechanic down at the shop..he says he's done it exactly the way u guys hve mentioned..nww whatt...aagghhhh
Did you actually DO what we suggested?

You should double check what your mechanic said and not take his word. You have nothing to lose by loosening the nut and turning the screw.

-Bink
Old Jul 20, 2011, 12:44 PM

05BLUE08>> if the fpr wasn't working , why would the car go super rich when I tighten the screw of the FPR..it proves that its doing the job doesn't it?
Old Jul 21, 2011, 02:25 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Was there something wrong with your car's original FPR? Why did you change it anyway?

I would just reinstall the original, factory fuel rail and the original stock fuel pressure regulator. If it still is running lean then I would take a look at the fuel pump.

Incidentally, where are you taking your fuel pressure reading from?
Old Jul 21, 2011, 03:57 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Check voltage at pump under boost, might be too low. If so, hardwire your fuel pump with a relay straight from the battery. Check for kinks in fuel lines or clogged fuel filters
Old Jul 21, 2011, 04:12 AM

Originally Posted by sparky
Was there something wrong with your car's original FPR? Why did you change it anyway?

I would just reinstall the original, factory fuel rail and the original stock fuel pressure regulator. If it still is running lean then I would take a look at the fuel pump.

Incidentally, where are you taking your fuel pressure reading from?

FPR Came with the car when i bought it 2 years ago, ive installed a fuel pressure gauge, thats wher i get it from
Old Jul 21, 2011, 06:18 AM
Evolved Member

So you tighten the screw and see the idle afr change but the fuel pressure stays consistently low around 22ish?

Does the gauge change the reading when you pull the vacuum hose?

Quick Reply: Very Low Fuel Pressure.(((