Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

My Evo keeps blowing off around 5500 rpms..

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2004, 08:50 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Re: loosing boost

Originally posted by DynoKing
What year is your evo and what mods do you have done to it?
makes you wonder if they really own an evo.
Old Jan 3, 2004, 09:42 AM
Evolved Member

You know, there are other years of evos out there....

Occasionally we have people with Evo 5, 6, 2, 3, etc posting on here. I don't think it's all that odd to ask what year it is.
Old Jan 3, 2004, 11:23 AM
Evolved Member

Re: Re: Re: loosing boost

Originally posted by CarPhoto.net

makes you wonder if they really own an evo.
Heh, well I've ridden in dynoking's evo and it has the exact same problem mine does. Looks like it isn't the BOV, something else is going on.
Old Jan 3, 2004, 10:57 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
If your problem gets worse with heat build up, maybe you want to check the hard piping for a crack that is supplying the BOV. It's possible the heat is causing the crack to expand & exagerate the leak? Especially after changing out several BOV's.
Old Jan 4, 2004, 10:02 AM

i think i know what it is, do you have the stock intake box in? if you do check and see if the clips are on the scoop that goes to the airbox, if not it will suck the scoop up against the hood. you must have the clips in the scoop, i made this mistake.
Old Jan 4, 2004, 10:28 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by evol53
i think i know what it is, do you have the stock intake box in? if you do check and see if the clips are on the scoop that goes to the airbox, if not it will suck the scoop up against the hood. you must have the clips in the scoop, i made this mistake.
Holy crap man! I think that may be the problem! Dynoking's clips are missing also and his does the exact same thing as mine! I'm going to go zippie tie that thing down and then try again. w00t hopefully that's what it is, I'll let you know.
Old Jan 4, 2004, 10:42 AM
In Timeout

OH ****, you know what. I did lose those clips as SOON as this problem started happening. If thats it I am going to **** myself!

Old Jan 4, 2004, 10:50 AM
Evolved Member

I dont understand how losing those clips can cause your car to stumble, but hey, it's worth a shot.
Old Jan 4, 2004, 10:50 AM
In Timeout

Oh my ****ing god. That ****ing fixed it!!!!!! Unreal, I just pulled that cold air thing out and it works fine I went 1-3 and no problems. Man I owe you BIG TIME!!!
Old Jan 4, 2004, 10:51 AM
Evolving Member

Could you please elaborate on how the clips are in.
Old Jan 4, 2004, 10:52 AM
In Timeout

Here is what was going on, without the clips when you get going the air intake was hitting the hood and was keeping air from getting into the intake so there is your boost loss, And the noise was no air leaking but SUCKING, it was not getting in ANY AIR because the intake was getting sucked into the hood of the car. MOTHER ****ER, I tried everything and guess what? Holds 21-22 pounds off boost to redline!
Old Jan 4, 2004, 10:55 AM
Evolved Member

w00t, I'm fixed!

You are THE MAN!!!
Old Jan 4, 2004, 10:57 AM
In Timeout

That is ****ing crazy!!! hahaha you know what? I would of NEVER fixed it, and then put the clips and and it would of worked. Man too crazy. Oh well good stuff!

Originally posted by A418t81
w00t, I'm fixed!

You are THE MAN!!!
Old Jan 4, 2004, 02:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
DynoKing,
Remember all that money you were gonna spend to bring Al out west. I think you should drop Evil53 a bit that loot. Money much better spent! Ironic part was that Al even blamed Vishnu at one point for DynoKing's problems. Evil53, you just made a couple of friends around here. What mods, if any do you have on your car?
Old Jan 4, 2004, 02:12 PM
In Timeout

It is funny, he told me on the phone that all the xede idle like ****, and it was the wrong wire my car idle's perfect even with the cams. Oh well

Originally posted by Smogrunner
DynoKing,
Remember all that money you were gonna spend to bring Al out west. I think you should drop Evil53 a bit that loot. Money much better spent! Ironic part was that Al even blamed Vishnu at one point for DynoKing's problems. Evil53, you just made a couple of friends around here. What mods, if any do you have on your car?

Quick Reply: My Evo keeps blowing off around 5500 rpms..