Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

AVCR & SAFC Questions

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2003, 05:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AVCR & SAFC Questions

I am thinking about getting the avcr and the safc. I already have a turboback exhaust, and will also be upgrading my intercooler. I have also heard that the avcr is a pain in the *** to tune. Can anyone give me some feedback on this? Also, i assume that if i get an ebc, i wont need a separate boost gauge because the ebc already displays boost right? Also does anyone know of a ggod place to get these two controllers tuned. I live in the Los Angeles area and would be looking for someone local. Thanks in advance
Old Dec 30, 2003, 06:48 PM

I have both of these units on my car. As for the fuel controller there is a thread already with base settings. You just have to search for it. The boost controller is not difficult at all. At first it does seem like a pain in the butt to set up but once you read the manual a few times everything starts to make sense. If you go that route PM me and i'll help you out. The HKS and the Greddy units are also a good alternative. They are both real simple to set up and they hold boost real well. Trust me, get a boost guage. Yes the EBC has a built in guage but they are hard to read. The numbers move too fast and most of them don't read on PSI. I am alway looking a my guages to make sure everything is ok so having the guages at eye lever is a must. Unless you are planning on putting the EBC on your steering colum you'll end up wrecking trying to look down at your boost controller.
Old Dec 30, 2003, 07:25 PM
Silver Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I have the AVCR; it's a good unit. If you intend to use it as a boost gauge, maybe try mounting it in front of the air vent to the left of the clock. That's a pretty prominent location and should be fairly easy to read while driving. It is a little confusing to use at first, but like anything else you get used to it as time goes on. However, not being able to display psi is a bit of a drawback.

If you're looking for a good SoCal Evolution tuner, maybe Works?
Email: sales@bulletproofautomotive.com
Direct North American Dealers for Voltex, Mines, Varis, First Molding, HKS Kansai, Cusco, HKS, Advan, Volk, Ings+1, C-West, Work, and so much more...
Old Feb 13, 2004, 08:10 AM

Question AVC-R

You said the settings were on the web somewhere for the AVC-R, do you know where?
Old Feb 13, 2004, 09:27 AM
Silver Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: AVC-R

Originally posted by MikeDean
You said the settings were on the web somewhere for the AVC-R, do you know where?
I can look up mine for you. IIRC, it's 1.25 kg/cm2, with a 50% duty. That's a winter setting; you can go up to 1.35, as I recall.
Email: sales@bulletproofautomotive.com
Direct North American Dealers for Voltex, Mines, Varis, First Molding, HKS Kansai, Cusco, HKS, Advan, Volk, Ings+1, C-West, Work, and so much more...