Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Warning: Skunk2 Composite Fuel Rail ***DO NOT BUY***

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2011, 10:29 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CBRE
I would say it's a hell of a lot better than an AEM rail which is heavier and flows less then stock anyways.
Originally Posted by Migsubishi
I love my skunk 2 manifold, only had to trim it a bit by the mivec solenoid and everything else was mint.... I might buy their rail too...

Curt, do you really think the AMS rail flows less? It's a nice looking part.
I think you are confusing your 3 letter acronyms.
Old Aug 3, 2011, 11:09 AM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by dude
I think you are confusing your 3 letter acronyms.
I think people know what I meant.. but thanks for pointing it out Captin obvious.

Oh this thread makes me want to buy this rail now, if it's Curt approved it must be good!!! Who's got an un-modded one they don't want anymore and will let go cheap?

Last edited by Migsubishi; Aug 3, 2011 at 11:17 AM.
Old Aug 3, 2011, 01:04 PM
Evolved Member

I got one. $209 and it's all yours, I'll even throw in free shipping. Never had a drop of fuel run through it, pictures are in this thread.
Old Aug 3, 2011, 01:07 PM
Evolved Member

I think people know what I meant.. but thanks for pointing it out Captin obvious.
I see you somehow escaped ever playing the telephone game as a child
Old Aug 3, 2011, 01:29 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dude
I see you somehow escaped ever playing the telephone game as a child
I play the phone game everyday my good man, I do 6 things at once and still try to respond to some of the stupidity on this board... Sorry if I made a slight type error.... please forgive me.
Old Aug 3, 2011, 09:54 PM
Evolved Member

I play the phone game everyday my good man, I do 6 things at once and still try to respond to some of the stupidity on this board... Sorry if I made a slight type error.... please forgive me.
I'm not trying to be obtuse, just that there is a lot of misinformation on this forum (almost as much as useful information) and I don't want anybody to confuse a reputable part from a reputable manufacturer due to a juxtaposed acronym. Even though I fully understood what you intended to say, someone else casually perusing this thread might have missed your earlier post. Regardless, the discussion of the AEM fuel rail and it's shortfalls should be discussed in another thread to keep this thread on topic.
Old Aug 3, 2011, 10:03 PM
Evolved Member

On a related note, Joe from Skunk2 contacted me today and informed me that they are aware of this thread and are going to try and work with the vendor I purchased the rail from for a refund. He had been very slow to get back to me, but is responding much faster now.

I'm waiting for the vendor to confirm if they will give me a full refund without the hefty (20%) restocking fee. I don't feel that a restocking fee is appropriate for a product that does not fit as advertised. If I simply changed my mind or wanted a refund for no reason I would be more than amenable to the restocking fee, but not under these circumstances.

I'm waiting to hear back from the vendor and will update this thread accordingly.
Old Aug 4, 2011, 07:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
did you ask hi m if there going to fix the problem?
Old Aug 21, 2011, 07:07 PM
Evolved Member

Just installed mine, It did take a little work. I had to open up the bolt holes to the fuel pressure regulator a little. I also had to machine the lips off my spacers but after that everything was good.

This is a really nice Fuel rail, and I didn't mind the little extra work it took to put it on! One thing I will say is you might want to put a little oil on all your o-rings before plugging in your injectors,regulator and fuel feed line, it's a tight fit.

My only complaint is that there isn't enough room to fit a socket around the bolt head, and you need to put washers on the factory bolt so they don't sink into the rail.

Anyone that can't install one of these on their car themselves don't need to be working on their own car.

Thanks Curt for the great info on this rail!!!
Old Aug 21, 2011, 07:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Anyone that can't install one of these on their car themselves don't need to be working on their own car.
any company that sells crap that needs so much work to fit should find another business to get into.
Old Aug 21, 2011, 07:16 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by n2oiroc
any company that sells crap that needs so much work to fit should find another business to get into.
If that's so much work you need another hobby. I do agree that they need to make a revised one but the one they have isn't so much work to the point of calling it junk.
Old Aug 21, 2011, 07:19 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Aero kits need adjustment's and a few mods to fit properly on vehicles, those companies must need to get into another business to huh?
Old Aug 21, 2011, 09:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Out of curiosity, it looks like that rail would almost work if you just removed the fuel injector adapters and ditched the spacers all together?

I've never bothered to measure it out though to see if something like that would work...
Old Aug 22, 2011, 03:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
If that's so much work you need another hobby. I do agree that they need to make a revised one but the one they have isn't so much work to the point of calling it junk.
Attitudes like yours are why these companies make products like this instead of stuff that fits right. I work in manufacturing and if i put out stuff like this, i would be on the street. In most industries this is unacceptable.

Tell me this. if you went to the dealer and bought an oem fuel rail and you had to mod it to fit, would you find that acceptable? That would be the exact same thing as this isnt a universal part. Its supposed to be an oem replacement.

Last edited by n2oiroc; Aug 22, 2011 at 03:46 AM.
Old Aug 22, 2011, 05:49 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by n2oiroc
Attitudes like yours are why these companies make products like this instead of stuff that fits right. I work in manufacturing and if i put out stuff like this, i would be on the street. In most industries this is unacceptable.

Tell me this. if you went to the dealer and bought an oem fuel rail and you had to mod it to fit, would you find that acceptable? That would be the exact same thing as this isnt a universal part. Its supposed to be an oem replacement.
Don't be upset with me because you don't have what it takes to make stuff work. Life isn't perfect yet your still living it... Not everything can be perfect but we do what we do to get by... I guess you lived the silver spoon life so I understand your frustration...

Not going to enter a pissing contest with you, so do as you will, I'm just happy to have the know how that have... Good night man.

Last edited by Migsubishi; Aug 22, 2011 at 06:09 PM.

Quick Reply: Warning: Skunk2 Composite Fuel Rail ***DO NOT BUY***