Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

new Quarter Master eight leg street twin is out

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2011, 04:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
The material on the QM makes it harsh to drive. You can slip it but it does drive like an on and off clutch. Personal I hated the way it drove but it launched so awesome!!
Old Dec 15, 2011, 05:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nate is the man up at MAP. Turns out my Carbonetics is perfect (flywheel needed to be resurfaced)

Old Dec 15, 2011, 10:08 PM
Evolved Member

Just got finished changing the pressure and floater plate in my six leg v drive race version...very streetable when fresh and you have an after market front motor mount
Old Dec 16, 2011, 08:18 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Bramage_Dained
I'm actually not sure. The P/N of the disks I have is 266663RY
Those are not the street disc, those are Sintered Bronze race disc with gear-driven hubs. Its not the gear-driven hubs that make the drivability better, its the combination of the hubs, the 8-leg pressure plate, and the heavier flywheel. The Street twin has all of those things, and "softer" disc. Not softer in the sense of they are squishy and will wear out fast, "softer" in the sense that they don't drive as hard as the race disc.

I'm actually 100% amazed that as many street twins that I sold not a single person can take the time to write a review for me. I email them all the time and they can't make a post for me. I'll see if I can get them to reply to my email in more than just 1 sentence describing how they like the clutch. Everyone I sold it to has told me "I love it" however that is the extent of it. I'm sure your not going to want a bunch of my customers comments of "I love it" on here lol. That will take up a page in itself.

You know damn well if the product was horrible there would be a million reviews about it sucking, however when something is awesome hardly anyone ever says anything. I'm guilty of this too, I have a bunch of "new releases" on my STi and I have yet to write a review, I suck.

In my opinion, consider no negative reviews as a product working as described .
Old Dec 16, 2011, 10:51 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by maperformance
Those are not the street disc, those are Sintered Bronze race disc with gear-driven hubs. Its not the gear-driven hubs that make the drivability better, its the combination of the hubs, the 8-leg pressure plate, and the heavier flywheel. The Street twin has all of those things, and "softer" disc. Not softer in the sense of they are squishy and will wear out fast, "softer" in the sense that they don't drive as hard as the race disc.

I'm actually 100% amazed that as many street twins that I sold not a single person can take the time to write a review for me. I email them all the time and they can't make a post for me. I'll see if I can get them to reply to my email in more than just 1 sentence describing how they like the clutch. Everyone I sold it to has told me "I love it" however that is the extent of it. I'm sure your not going to want a bunch of my customers comments of "I love it" on here lol. That will take up a page in itself.

You know damn well if the product was horrible there would be a million reviews about it sucking, however when something is awesome hardly anyone ever says anything. I'm guilty of this too, I have a bunch of "new releases" on my STi and I have yet to write a review, I suck.

In my opinion, consider no negative reviews as a product working as described .
Mine is still in a box holding up my shelf. sorry!
Old Dec 16, 2011, 11:16 AM
Former Sponsor

Lol!
Old Dec 16, 2011, 12:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Same here, id be glad to give a review if someone wants to swap my new engine, trans and transfer case in for me.
Old Dec 16, 2011, 08:39 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by maperformance
Heh, either way. I already like the gear-drive version better than the older ones. They don't seem to make as much noise or chatter as bad on engagement. It's probably for the best I have the race disks anyhow. There's going to be a lot more power than I run now getting thrown at them come spring.
Old Dec 18, 2011, 07:54 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by gkania
500tq is not going to cut it for many
Really? How many EVO guys do you know making well over 500wtq? A very small percentage of EVO owners, trust me.
Old Dec 18, 2011, 08:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
i called and its actually "very conservatively" rated at 600 ft/lb.
Old Dec 19, 2011, 07:05 AM
Former Sponsor

Exactly, I would say that any street EVO can easily run this clutch for their daily beatings and track days.

If your going to solely drive it on the track or beat the snot out of it more than your average person get the race disc.
Old Dec 19, 2011, 01:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
And how long will it last a street driven evo with over 500 ft lbs of tq with some drag strip time once in a blue moon but plenty of boulevard bruising?
Old Dec 19, 2011, 01:19 PM
Former Sponsor

30-40k is what they are quoting.
Old Dec 19, 2011, 01:42 PM
Evolved Member

Dang, i sure am getting tired of my old style race QM.,.... All the noise it makes and the super light FW is what i hate. I dont care if it chatters or is harsh. I will be looking into a new clutch soon. I drove a friends exedy twin HD and i'm in love!!!!! How does the QM street twin compare to the exedy twin HD? I holds more turque i know and that is a must as my engine makes 600ft lbs.
Does the exedy tripple drive like the twin or NO?
Old Dec 19, 2011, 03:17 PM
Former Sponsor

Derek - 8-leg Race w/ street flywheel is what I suggest for you. Have I ever steered you wrong?

Let me know what card to put it on haha.

-Adam

Quick Reply: new Quarter Master eight leg street twin is out