Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Need help. No fuel pressure

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2011, 06:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
already did. lines are fine. no leaks
Old Aug 4, 2011, 07:04 PM
Evolved Member

just to update.

i double checked all fuel lines.
checked all relays and fuses.
primary pump is working and delivers fuel (activated with evoscan)
no vac lines leaking or popped off.
didnt check maf although i doubt thats the problem. did try to start it with maf unplugged.

only things i havent confirmed yet are if injectors are firing or if im getting spark or if fuel pump is actually kicking on when i turn the ignition.

not sure how i can confirm those but ill keep searching on here for info. im seriously thinking its cas or cps since i keep reading other people deal with similar symptoms when those sensors go out.
Old Aug 4, 2011, 07:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
You have to check that the FPR is functioning properly as well. If the internal diaphragm is ruptured then it would not maintain pressure at the rail.
Old Aug 4, 2011, 07:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Either your fpr took a crap or something else. Does it even try to catch? Try stock fpr to test if possible. Also check for any stored check engine light codes; p0113 and c.a.s together means bad c.a.s
Old Aug 4, 2011, 08:19 PM
Evolved Member

fpr hu? i dont have stock fpr. anyone know if fuel lab regulators are e85 compatible? i dont have any check engine lights though. doesnt catch just cranks and cranks.
Old Aug 4, 2011, 08:31 PM
Evolved Member

Check engine lights for c.a.s don't show lit up, you have to pull them with a scanner.

Tell tale of bad fpr when cranking fuel will come out vacuum end. Take off vacuum nipple to fpr and have someone crank. If fuel comes out the vac side fpr Is 100% done
Old Aug 4, 2011, 08:53 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evoryder
Check engine lights for c.a.s don't show lit up, you have to pull them with a scanner.

Tell tale of bad fpr when cranking fuel will come out vacuum end. Take off vacuum nipple to fpr and have someone crank. If fuel comes out the vac side fpr Is 100% done
yeah iv been checking with a scanner and evoscan and no codes pop up.

thanks for the heads up on fpr. ill check that out tomorrow. do you really think a bad regulator would cause the car not to start? not even a puff?

Last edited by 05VIII; Aug 4, 2011 at 09:00 PM.
Old Aug 5, 2011, 04:32 AM
Evolved Member

If you have no fuel pressure then maybe. It does seem like the cas. Do you know if your spark plugs are firing?
Old Aug 5, 2011, 06:34 AM
Evolved Member

i dont think so

ill pull out a sparkplug and check. im using the sparktech non cdi cop and the coil is way up there in the boot. dont think putting it up close to a ground will arch it so ill pull out a sparkplug with it
Old Aug 5, 2011, 08:49 AM
Evolved Member

ok, fpr seems fine. i removed the vac line and fuel did not come out. checking for spark is next but ill have to wait till later today to check that. i can now confirm that the fuel pump is running when cranking the motor. i also unplugged one of the injector harness and stuck my multimeter on it. was reading something like 10 volts while cranking. is that right?

hope its the cps and not the cas. cas looks like a PITA to replace. : \
Old Aug 5, 2011, 09:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
With the heat... is it possible that you just vapor locked (not the kind of vapor lock when you get water in the motor) the fuel system?

On some of our fuel injected aircraft this is a general concern. Hot engine, cooler fuel, and it creates a little bubble of pressure in the lines that is incredibly difficult to push through the system and causes the engine to quit (obviously) from fuel starvation.

I mean... it seems far fetched being that its so "uncommon" today, but with the heat and a double pumper... and the heat, and the heat... I guess I wouldn't rule it out?
Old Aug 5, 2011, 11:19 AM
Evolved Member

whats the remedy for vapor lock on the aircraft? i was reading on fuel labs website about vapor lock and how bad it is which made me think i was going through that. but like i said, the fuel pump checks out. it runs when cranking and pushes fuel.
Old Aug 5, 2011, 01:51 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 05VIII
whats the remedy for vapor lock on the aircraft? i was reading on fuel labs website about vapor lock and how bad it is which made me think i was going through that. but like i said, the fuel pump checks out. it runs when cranking and pushes fuel.
We just let the engine (and pump) cool down and try a restart. If we need to get up in a hurry, we'll pull the plane into the air conditioning... but usually it solves itself.

If it's happening consistently, then the mechanics will insulate the lines. We had one plane that it happened on all the time (one of our short runway workhorses)... they had to declare like 5 times lol... anyway, they wrapped the lines and those lot seem to be enjoying the flights now?

I should also mention that it happens much more commonly on our gravity fed fuel system'd aircraft. They only use an engine driven pump, whereas the others use an engine driven and an electrical "boost" pump.

Also, if you're vapor locking the system... and that "vapor" is making it back to the pump as air (a gas (didn't want this to get all super confusing)) it may be overheating the pump because there's less resistance and ultimately it just overvolts and shuts down?

I'm really just thinking out loud here...

Last edited by ProPilot04; Aug 5, 2011 at 01:58 PM.
Old Aug 5, 2011, 02:16 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ProPilot04

I'm really just thinking out loud here...
LOL its all good. im sure its not vapor locking. ill get the cas and cps in the mail soon so ill be able to swap them out and see if thats the problem.

im out of ideas

everything seems fine and its not throwing any codes so hopefully its just a sensor.

ill prolly go ahead and order a new walbro HP just for peace of mind as well.
Old Aug 6, 2011, 10:33 PM
Evolved Member

Anything happen with this?

Quick Reply: Need help. No fuel pressure