Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Full Race Exhuast manifold

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2004, 11:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes, it is a 2000 coating done by Olympic.
Old Jan 2, 2004, 11:58 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Quoted directly from the Olympic website..

The polished Thermo Silver header coating is the most popular kind of coating on the market today. The Thermo Silver is used by more coating companies and manufacturers than any other header coating. This coating is extremely popular on exhaust systems, where their high luster finish provides a very attractive, durable surface. The high temperature characteristics of ceramics have been combined with metallic frits to create ma coating that can withstand metal temperatures in excess of 1300 degrees Fahrenheit. This unique coating is based on a water/solvent system, which requires careful attention to application procedures. The coating can be applied to a variety of surfaces and metals, such as: exhaust system components, brackets, valve covers, wheels, headers, hinges, grills, suspension parts or any other metal that can withstand the 500 degree Fahrenheit cure temperatures. The coating provide a chrome appearance that will not rust, and is effective as a hard protective coating for aluminum parts. Because water is the solvent, the baking process does not produce hazardous, smelly fumes, as do many other coating products. All tools can be easily cleaned up with warm water. This coating is a more attractive coating than is the black satin coating, but the black satin coating provides increased performance when compared to the polished silver coating.

2000 Degree coating..

The black satin coating is the most advanced coating process available. When properly applied it becomes the most effective thermal barrier available. The black satin coating increases performance, while extending component life. It has been tested to over 2000 degrees Fahrenheit without listing, cracking or flaking. In addition, as it cures in our 500 degree oven, a very effective corrosion inhibiting film is formed that protects the part against oxidation and provides excellent chemical resistance that further extends life and enhances appearance.
So what you are saying is your polished coating is the 2000 coating, yet it says on the site that its a satin coating..

Which product did you get so I can have the same done? Or is it known that their polished product will work at over 1500+ degrees?
Old Jan 2, 2004, 12:09 PM

c'mon guys...the truth please!

i know that jet hot sterling only comes 1300F. i know that jet hot's 2000F coating comes blue, black, and grey only.

so is this olympic, jet hot, or what??
Old Jan 2, 2004, 12:13 PM
EvoM Guru

Thats what I'm trying to figure out.. However, according to my research.. ALL of the 2000 degree coatings are satin and either gray or black..

I looked at Swaintech, HPCCoatings, Jet-Hot, and Olympic.. Swaintech was the only one that was slightly different, theirs actually looks white, but it can also come in black, but they don't show a different type of coating based on temp.
Old Jan 2, 2004, 12:13 PM
EvoM Guru

Anyway, its kinda offtopic so I won't add anything else to this thread.
Old Jan 2, 2004, 01:00 PM
Evolved Member

Some people call it the Jet Hot Coat and some call it the Thermal coat. Olympic is who does the coating process. It's bascally serves the same purpose. We can get it in a couple different colors too. It is tested to hold up to 2000 degrees.

We Jet Hot and Olympic with the same results. Depending on who can get it done faster.
Old Jan 2, 2004, 03:13 PM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The welds look nice on this manifold. I'd be concerned with the wastegate's close proximity to the radiator given that the engine rocks in a fore-aft motion. Looks nice though. I know how hard those are hard to make.
Old Jan 2, 2004, 04:13 PM
Evolved Member

They are very difficult to build. Especially using the thick material we use.

The manifolds on the equal length give about around 4-6 inchs of clearence. The standard manifolds have about 10 inches of clearence. So you will have nothing to worry about. The original design only had an 1 inch of clearence and we didn't run into any problems either. This is a super reliable set up.
Old Jan 2, 2004, 04:23 PM
EvoM Guru

Very nice stuff.. But I've said that to you guys before.. hehe..
Old Jan 2, 2004, 04:39 PM

so can u use this manifold with a RnR turbo back with the O2 eliminator?
Old Jan 2, 2004, 04:41 PM
EvoM Guru

The RnR manifold looks to be part of their Turbo upgrade.. I suspect it would have an application specific downpipe/o2 eliminator.
Old Jan 2, 2004, 05:33 PM
Evolved Member

We actually have our own downpipe for our turbo kits. It bolts right on without any mods. You won't need to make a downpipe like some of the other kits out there.

The RnR manifold can't be used with the stock turbo. It is used with our T3/T4 turbos.
Old Jan 2, 2004, 08:26 PM
Evolving Member

i never have seen any prices on your kits rmr.

btw i just notice this thread was high jacked!!!

thanks!
Old Jan 2, 2004, 09:10 PM
Evolved Member

Updated pricing

Standard Turbo Kit w/T3/T04E $2295 sale price

Equal Length Turbo Kit w/T3/T04E $2695 sale price
Old Jan 3, 2004, 03:18 PM

so the Rnr turbo back with the O2 eliminator wont work on the stock turbo?

Quick Reply: Full Race Exhuast manifold