Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Full Race Exhuast manifold

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2004, 03:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
malibujack that is 2000 thermal coating i had the same thing done to my JIC headers their chrom until you run them for awhile then they turn a dark grey with a sandy texture, and i would bet if i took pictures of my rnr headers after some weeks of driving they would look the same! anywho beautiful work RNR~~!!! i cant wait to get my car back! mmm 400+whp on pump gas = )
Old Jan 3, 2004, 03:39 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Thanks.. Thats what I was trying to figure out.. Gotta send this thing out (JIC header) in a few days and wanted to make the final decision.
Old Jan 4, 2004, 12:09 AM

full race mani's look much better than the rnr ones imo. they are $1200 though
Old Jan 5, 2004, 01:44 PM

So rNr whats the final word will you 3in o2 eliminator Tb work on the stock turbo stock manifold?
Old Jan 5, 2004, 02:28 PM
Evolved Member

The 3" 02 Elim Downpipe works with the stock turbo and stock manifold. Sorry for any confusion.
Old Feb 1, 2005, 03:19 AM

Being a long time Honda enthusiast, I can tell you that Full Race has singlehandedly elevated the standard of turbo exhaust manifolds, and in doing that, allowed countless members in the community to make crazy numbers.

Full Race DOES in fact have a manifold specifically for the EVO VIII, and when their website is back up (they're updating it) you will be able to see it for yourself.

As for thier quality, their mani's are robotically TIG welded (100% penitration) 8 guage steel, their collectors are welded on the inside as well and the whole thing is CAD designed. So thats why Full Race charges what they do....they are virtually impossible to crack....and sorry to say RnR Racing's welds dont look have as clean as they should.
Old Feb 1, 2005, 12:12 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by fled
Full Race DOES in fact have a manifold specifically for the EVO VIII, and when their website is back up (they're updating it) you will be able to see it for yourself...As for thier quality, their mani's are robotically TIG welded (100% penitration) 8 guage steel, their collectors are welded on the inside as well and the whole thing is CAD designed.
Thanks for the intro =)

I saw this post (or at least a similar one?) a cpl weeks ago on here when i registered but ive been out of town a lot lately, sorry i couldnt get to it sooner.

A little info on who we are in case you were wondering. Full Race is a team of 6 Degreed Mechanical Engineers, 3 Aerospace welders and a number of hardcore mechanics. We have built many of the fastest turbo setups in the world, from Ara Arslanian's new 6 second turbo setup in his solara, to paul efantis' 7.89 second street tire supra, to his 7.3 second solara, to quaker state's civic, saturn's Redline, and many other high power record setting vehicles. We have the record for highest pump gas b series honda, highest power/fastest s2000, and many others. We take great pride in producing the best engineered and best manufactured parts in the marketplace. With the advent of our robotic TIG welding system, very few exhaust manifolds could come close to our quality, durability, and performance.

Now to the evo info -- We have JUST finished up our new design for our complete evo8 turbo manifold, downpipe, turbo kit and 4" Exhaust (which fits as well as many other 3" systems). Our Evo8 manifold is unlike EVERY other evo manifold on the market, and it is capable of using a true 3" downpipe while retaining AC, and the stock radiator. It is robotically welded and is designed to simply be the best manifold on the market for this vehicle.

It is designed for t3 turbos (we can make up to 700whp with our t3/t67 HO) and tial 44mm vband wastegates. The manifolds and downpipes are available now, with the turbokits about 3 weeks away. If youre in a hurry we can make one happen quickly.

If you have any questions either post on here or email me at geoff@full-race.com and i will get back to you as soon as i can. I am on the road right now but ill be back in town next week and ill be near a computer once in a while this week if you have any questions. Thanks!

Last edited by Geoff Raicer; Feb 1, 2005 at 12:14 PM.
Old Feb 1, 2005, 12:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nothing even comes close to Full-Race manifolds. I ran one on my honda and loved it. Their products are top notch and often copied but never duplicated. I plan on using their products just as soon as they release them.
Old Feb 1, 2005, 12:29 PM
PPI
Former Sponsor

/\ Nice to hear of more otption full-race. Will you guys be making a mani for teh stock turbo. Or do you think its not worth it and just keep the stock manifold. As in the near future I am planning on going with a bolt on upgraded turbo. Any piqs of your new evo manifold. Thanks
Old Feb 1, 2005, 12:35 PM
Evolved Member

Any teaser pics of the upcoming EVO products??
Old Feb 1, 2005, 12:36 PM
Evolved Member

Welcome Geoff, Looking forward to seeing your new stuff.
Old Feb 1, 2005, 12:37 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by manOfaith
/\ Nice to hear of more otption full-race. Will you guys be making a mani for teh stock turbo. Or do you think its not worth it and just keep the stock manifold. As in the near future I am planning on going with a bolt on upgraded turbo. Any piqs of your new evo manifold. Thanks
My question exactly; stock/TME turbo?
Old Feb 1, 2005, 12:38 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by BadazzCR
Nothing even comes close to Full-Race manifolds. I ran one on my honda and loved it. Their products are top notch and often copied but never duplicated. I plan on using their products just as soon as they release them.
Originally Posted by manOfaith
Thank you for the kind words guys. We strive to make sure that anything and everything that leaves our shop is as close to perfection as we can be. Fortunately our reputation has been solid!

We hadnt intended on releasing a manifold for the stock turbo, for a number of reasons. For starters, the stock turbo has a lot of limitations, and for most people inerested in our products, they should really be using a more efficient and powerful turbocharger. Garrett Turbos are excellent choices, and BorgWarner is coming out with some SERIOUS competition for Garrett within the next couple of months. They are all relatively affordable, and can walk all over any of the mitsu based variants; frank, 16g 20g or otherwise.

I am out of town right now but ill ask one of the guys to get some pics of the evo mani hosted online, and ill post a pic by tonite. Thanks again for the support.

edit: I realized i didnt mention something -- we do a LOT of custom work out of our shop. If anyone wants anything, whether it is a stock flanged evo manifold, a T6/y2k evo manifold, anything crazy or nuts, we can and will build it.

Last edited by Geoff Raicer; Feb 1, 2005 at 12:44 PM.
Old Feb 1, 2005, 01:08 PM

RnR, have u made an equal length manifold for the stock turbo ?
Old Feb 1, 2005, 01:16 PM
Evolved Member

Geoff - thanks for your attention !

I can only speak for myself - I would rather have 400bhp and better than stock-like-spool than a larger GT/BW turbo w/500bhp with incredible lag

Talk to ya soon, Troy

Quick Reply: Full Race Exhuast manifold