Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Full Race Exhuast manifold

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2005, 10:02 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That manifold is pure sex...

I can already see the substantial dent this kit is going to leave in my annual bonus.
Old Feb 4, 2005, 10:17 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
you get what you pay for.
The most abused statement on Evom Sorry, OT and just as general a statement as the one quoted.

Nice work Full-Race...

Last edited by Zeus; Feb 4, 2005 at 10:21 AM.
Old Feb 4, 2005, 12:36 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bigyellowevo
The entire kit is 4749 according to their website store.
Based on their other kits, that looks like that price will also include an intercooler, upper intercooler piping, Tial BOV and t-bolt clamps. I'd say if you've already got the supporting mods and only need the stuff directly related to the turbo install, the price might be about $800-$1000 less. Dunno.
Old Feb 7, 2005, 03:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
damn... that is ultra long tube design... holy shat that thing looks like a medusa's head. ANd it's vband prepped... my goodness.... i'm crying because i'd prolly want that... and it prolly costs so damn much.
Old Feb 7, 2005, 08:59 AM
Evolved Member

If their turbo kits come with everything including FMIC then the price is very reasonable. Do you think it will come with the piping as well?
Old Feb 7, 2005, 10:17 AM
Account Disabled

hey guys -- finally back in az, sorry for the wait.

Ill get whatever pics you need of parts, and here are the answers to the questions posted.

1)
Originally Posted by Az3ar
holy ****. Whats the warranty on this manifold??

Thanks
lifetime warranty for the original purchaser.

2)
Originally Posted by BakZamGai
Hi Geoff

When are your turbo kits due to to be launched? What are the different specs that we can expect from these kits?

Cheers
Dennis
Turbo kits with everything but the upper charge pipe will be available by the end of this week.

We also sell the kits piece-by-piece. Manifolds, downpipes, lower charge pipes, etc. These can be ordered today as they are in full production currently. The complete kits will be sold as our honda kits are sold. They are not yet up on the site, but are available for purchase. We have stages 1-4 with standard bushing turbos (up to 700whp) and also many different gt stages. Going up in stage is not necessarily the best thing to do.

If you call us let us know exactly what you want the car to do, and what your planned setup is, and we can come up with a custom turbo kit for your needs.

3)
Originally Posted by bigyellowevo
You definitely get what you pay for. It's less than the 5000 dollar plus HKS kit and you get better parts, imo.
we strive to keep the prices as low as possible, and to maintain our exceptional levels of quality.

4)
Originally Posted by propellerhead
Based on their other kits, that looks like that price will also include an intercooler, upper intercooler piping, Tial BOV and t-bolt clamps. I'd say if you've already got the supporting mods and only need the stuff directly related to the turbo install, the price might be about $800-$1000 less. Dunno.
You would save more than 800-1000 if you just buy the parts you need. for actual price quotes just give us a call

5)
Originally Posted by Derek888
If their turbo kits come with everything including FMIC then the price is very reasonable. Do you think it will come with the piping as well?
the complete kit will come with the charge piping. Many people already have aftermarket ICs and upper pipes, so they will not need anything but the lower pipe from us.

hope this helps, ill be around all day today!
Old Feb 7, 2005, 11:15 AM
Evolved Member

Life time warranty (can't beat that) My friend loves you guys and he said that you guys make the best Honda turbo kits out there.
Old Feb 7, 2005, 02:42 PM

Talking

Just orderd me one : ) : )
Old Feb 7, 2005, 03:23 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 59 Likes on 45 Posts
Originally Posted by trinydex
damn... that is ultra long tube design...
It's designed to allow just enough primary length to provide equal long-radius bends and equal primary length. What this does is reduce the loss in gas velocity posed by sharp bends, as well as eliminate any inconsistencies in gas velocity caused by unequal radius bends between cylinders. These qualities apparently offset whatever detriment is posed by the slightly longer primary runner length needed to achieve what they've done.

It looks really nice.
Old Feb 8, 2005, 01:29 PM
Account Disabled

the idea is to keep velocities at a maximum, while keeping pressure drops at a minimum. a bit of a juggling act, but is well worthwhile

Originally Posted by Ted B
It's designed to allow just enough primary length to provide equal long-radius bends and equal primary length. What this does is reduce the loss in gas velocity posed by sharp bends, as well as eliminate any inconsistencies in gas velocity caused by unequal radius bends between cylinders. These qualities apparently offset whatever detriment is posed by the slightly longer primary runner length needed to achieve what they've done.

It looks really nice.
Old Feb 8, 2005, 01:47 PM
Evolved Member

I got wood! The best I have ever seen by far.

Originally Posted by marksae
Wow! Nice!

Old Feb 8, 2005, 04:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
so with such a long runner length you'd hardly get any exhaust going back through another tube in the collector right? so no need for twin scroll?
Old Feb 8, 2005, 04:13 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 59 Likes on 45 Posts
Actually, a short primary runner is less susceptible to reversion than a longer runner...but that's pretty much academic in this case.

The twin scroll concept isn't ian anti-reversionary device, but just uses two smaller collectors as opposed to one large one with the intention of maintaining better pulse energy at lower engine speeds.

Last edited by Ted B; Feb 8, 2005 at 04:16 PM.
Old Feb 8, 2005, 04:24 PM
Ron
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Full-Race Geoff
BorgWarner is coming out with some SERIOUS competition for Garrett within the next couple of months.
Hey Geoff, can you elaborate on this, do you mean they are coming out with new generation turbos or what?
Old Feb 8, 2005, 05:22 PM
Account Disabled

there really is a lot of conflicting data in terms of divided vs undivided housings. Some say they work great on everything some say they work well on diesels and low rpm gas motors.

I know that normally i would prefer a 4-1 collector with an undivided turbine housing. On built engines with built cyl heads which can rev, i really feel that most setups would lose enough top end with a divided setup to warrant using an open housing.

one more thing to consider is that many of the manifolds on the market do not pair the cylinders properly, but if you look at ours, cyls 1+4 are together and cyls 2+3 are together.

last thing on this subject, VERY few small turbine housings (aka t3) are available in divided form. regardless, if someone was interested in testing, we can build the parts.

Originally Posted by trinydex
so with such a long runner length you'd hardly get any exhaust going back through another tube in the collector right? so no need for twin scroll?

Quick Reply: Full Race Exhuast manifold