Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Ryu's built motor thread (Sponsored by MAPerformance)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2011, 06:37 PM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow Ryu, haven't heard your name in a while buddy, good luck on your build, and track times!
Old Aug 23, 2011, 06:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 50 Likes on 31 Posts
Off to a good start. GL with the build.
Old Aug 23, 2011, 06:49 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Freddie@Spec-Ops
Wow Ryu, haven't heard your name in a while buddy, good luck on your build, and track times!
It's been about 10months now, but I'm ready to get back in the game and do work.
Old Aug 23, 2011, 07:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Good luck, looks like you are on the right path to hit your goals
Old Aug 23, 2011, 07:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wow man. Nice motor. Best of luck to you for the rest of this year. I think your goals are easily attainable with that turbo and you driving skills.
Old Aug 24, 2011, 12:30 PM

cant wait to see how it turns out!
Old Aug 24, 2011, 01:55 PM
Former Sponsor

Ryu, looks nice man. I have not heard from you in FOREVER! It is nice to know you are still alive. What rods are you running?

Chris is a great guy to work with! I'm sure you will love your new motor. We beat the **** out of a built MAP LR2.1 last weekend at the SO and didn't have a single problem

Mikey
Old Aug 24, 2011, 02:55 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Mikey@Spec-Ops
Ryu, looks nice man. I have not heard from you in FOREVER! It is nice to know you are still alive. What rods are you running?

Chris is a great guy to work with! I'm sure you will love your new motor. We beat the **** out of a built MAP LR2.1 last weekend at the SO and didn't have a single problem

Mikey

Thanks Mikey. It's been quite a busy year for me so far. I finally tied the knot mid February so naturally the car was put on the back burner for the first quarter of the year. I can't complain though as I wouldn't have had it any other way.

I'm running Manley turbo tuff rods. I had originally intended to run MAP's custom designed rods, but unfortunately they weren't available in the time frame I needed the motor. Regardless it's MAP machined and assembled, so I know I am getting the best quality and reliability one can expect.
Old Aug 24, 2011, 03:01 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by RyuEvoIX
Thanks Mikey. It's been quite a busy year for me so far. I finally tied the knot mid February so naturally the car was put on the back burner for the first quarter of the year. I can't complain though as I wouldn't have had it any other way.

I'm running Manley turbo tuff rods. I had originally intended to run MAP's custom designed rods, but unfortunately they weren't available in the time frame I needed the motor. Regardless it's MAP machined and assembled, so I know I am getting the best quality and reliability one can expect.
Congrats! I have been engaged for 3 years and need to tie the knot at some point but like you said, car would have to go on back burner for a bit. Not sure I can do that at the moment. Have to many things I need to do to the car right now.

Good stuff man. The Manley rods are not bad at all. You shouldn't have any problems with them.

Mikey
Old Aug 25, 2011, 10:20 AM
Evolved Member

Can't wait to see your track results! You have had some awesome times in the past. Good luck bro.
Old Aug 25, 2011, 10:33 AM
Evolved Member

Congrats Ryu, its always nice to have a helping hand! Hope to see farther updates and some more single digets passes!
Old Aug 27, 2011, 12:20 AM
Evolving Member

in for progress
Old Aug 27, 2011, 06:14 AM
Evolved Member

Thanks again everyone. As planned, the majority of the progress to remove the old 9 second retired block out and assemble the new MAP long block will be made tomorrow. Updates to follow.
Old Aug 27, 2011, 09:34 AM
Evolved Member

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by RyuEvoIX
Thanks again everyone. As planned, the majority of the progress to remove the old 9 second retired block out and assemble the new MAP long block will be made tomorrow. Updates to follow.
slacker
Old Aug 27, 2011, 09:48 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
What's the surface finish RMS on the top of that block? I'm surprised MAP runs that rough of a surface finish. I'm sure you don't have a profilometer, but who knows...maybe you do!

Good luck Ryu, great to see you back on the forums. I too got Married this year...and yes your car does take the back burner. Seems that your racing buddies never understand (where's your car? why aren't you racing this year?) and their questions never end.

Congratulations on your marriage and good luck this up and coming year.

Quick Reply: Ryu's built motor thread (Sponsored by MAPerformance)