Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

HTA Green DBB testing at English Racing

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2011, 09:48 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Count me in,ive been waiting for something like this....i only run E85,and daily drive...looking for around 500 hp,stock longblock....looks like this is it...juatin
Old Aug 31, 2011, 10:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 70 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by ChrisCarey
Yeah I was moreso comparing it to your 478 graph which was E85 correct? Our test car was a MIVEC car so I'm sure that played a part.
MIVEC and E85 is a tremendous advantage over even a 2.4 and E85.

Here are 2 cars on 92 for reference. Both are 64mm Red, S1s, MAF cars at 27psi. One is an VIII and the other is IX.

IX

VIII

Like I said if we had Luke's car setup a little different we can get more spool out of it.
Old Sep 8, 2011, 08:33 AM
Evolved Member

We took the car back to the dyno and setup the load control based on a street log to show how this really spools on the street. One thing to remember is that since Dynojets are inertia based dynos the only load they normally rely only on the roller weight. To get us in the area we need to be our normal choice is just upping a gear. Rather than do that we decided to use the load control (normally we only use it on diesels) and get it set up for Evos.

Blurry pic (forgot to grab the file, that will be happening a little later today)-

Also we maxed the car out on Q16 since that was the only way we could get enough fuel in it without throwing larger injectors. I feel Luke is limited by the S1s and stock intake manifold in this case, but since its built for response as a road race setup thats the trade off. If he really wanted more a Magnus and some S2s would be more than adequate.

On a 35.6psi spike (tapering to 23.5 out the top) it made 534/514. Again I forgot to grab the file but will have it later today. It does make 500whp all the way out to 7500 but when we tried applying the load control at that torque level the ACT gave me the thumbs down. I later dropped the boost to 27psi for the dyno sheet above. It made 480s (that one is 478) and 450 torque average.

Aaron

Last edited by JohnBradley; Sep 8, 2011 at 10:15 AM.
Old Sep 8, 2011, 08:48 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Awesome guys - looks like its hitting full boost ~3300rpm Sounds like the HDSS is at it's torque limit are you guys just going to keep the boost back or is Luke going to be looking for a diff clutch?
Old Sep 8, 2011, 09:10 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Running through the gears on the dyno was NUTS.
Old Sep 8, 2011, 10:20 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by boostedwrx
Awesome guys - looks like its hitting full boost ~3300rpm Sounds like the HDSS is at it's torque limit are you guys just going to keep the boost back or is Luke going to be looking for a diff clutch?
It will be kept lower for road racing. This was more to show what the turbo was capable of. It had been fine before the IFO event but in order to get it to work right the HDSS took a beating. It hit the limit on this pull-

It wouldnt even start to play ball with the load control on but its interesting to see the difference. All runs are in 3rd gear.

Aaron
Old Sep 8, 2011, 10:37 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cool Aaron, ya I was thinking it was more to show what the turbo was capable of. Very interesting to see the difference using load control too. Oh and sorry for the OT but I think it's cool the ACT is rated for 510ftl/lbs and it looks like thats about what it holds
Old Sep 8, 2011, 11:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I have been on the fence about rather or not to get the FP Black or MAP EF4. I have read through the current threads and there is some bashing on both. For my goals (without going overboard), may be better suited with the BB 73HTA.
Old Sep 8, 2011, 12:44 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by pure_evo
I have been on the fence about rather or not to get the FP Black or MAP EF4. I have read through the current threads and there is some bashing on both. For my goals (without going overboard), may be better suited with the BB 73HTA.
That is always the key ingredient. The main thing is not going bigger than you need to, finding the best match for your combination, and basing your choice on that. Both of those turbos can make 650+whp strung out but not be as fun on pumpgas as a smaller turbo.

Combo is everything.

Aaron
Old Sep 8, 2011, 09:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by JohnBradley
That is always the key ingredient. The main thing is not going bigger than you need to, finding the best match for your combination, and basing your choice on that. Both of those turbos can make 650+whp strung out but not be as fun on pumpgas as a smaller turbo.

Combo is everything.

Aaron
I will be running 2.3L on E85.
Old Sep 8, 2011, 10:12 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That was pretty badass, now im tempted to upgrade my green for the bb mod. Still going to wait on more research though. say a HTA Green Vs HTA Green BB, Now that would be a good showdown i would pay to see!
Old Sep 8, 2011, 10:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Aaron: What do you attribute the significant amount of taper to on this particular setup? Do you have any insights that you can share with regards to the causes of taper in this case?

Last edited by sparky; Sep 8, 2011 at 11:03 PM.
Old Sep 9, 2011, 10:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looks like i maybe seeing a DBB HTA green in the future! nice!
Old Sep 10, 2011, 04:56 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by sparky
Aaron: What do you attribute the significant amount of taper to on this particular setup? Do you have any insights that you can share with regards to the causes of taper in this case?
A 2.4 with a worked head at high rpm on a small turbo Add in the manual boost controller and thats the rest of the equation.
Old Sep 10, 2011, 05:21 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looks nice guys! I'm sure the car is a beast on the street

Mikey

Quick Reply: HTA Green DBB testing at English Racing