Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

ATP 3071R vs HKS 7460R vs HTA Green 76

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2011, 03:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ATP 3071R vs HKS 7460R vs HTA Green 76

Need a little help on picking the right turbo for my application.

Needs: Love to boost hard in town, up the many canyon and mountain roads, etc. Thus I need boost NOW...not later. Top end power is important but spool up take priority for me needs.

Exhaust Manifold: Stock, I really want to keep the stock manifold so please only consider turbos for the stock manifold.

HP: Around 450

Motor: Stock Bottom end. Already have some HKS 264 cams (they were free)...

So, I am looking for a turbo that will spool up as fast as the stock one (as close as possible) but still make 400+hp for 2-3k RPMS and peak around 450.

I do not plan to ever really go bigger.

Please point me in the correct direction. I need this turbo to last through tons of boosted abuse too! If you have other suggestions please let me know.

Mods I already Have: 880 Injectors, E85, HKS 264 Cams, 3 Inch Exhaust, ARP Head Studs, Wide Band O2, Lower IC Pipe Upgrade, Walbro 255

I know other mods will be needed so lets consider the turbo only if possible :-)
Old Aug 26, 2011, 03:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you search the answer is pretty simple. The ATP turbo has yet to be tested so unless you want to be the first I would scratch that off the list. The HKS surges hardcore for most so I would stay away from that one too. An HTA green is bad *** but I can't decide personally if I would order a green or a BBK.
Old Aug 26, 2011, 03:43 PM
Former Sponsor

i would rock a new BB hTA Green
Old Aug 26, 2011, 03:47 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by RevMoto
If you search the answer is pretty simple. The ATP turbo has yet to be tested so unless you want to be the first I would scratch that off the list. The HKS surges hardcore for most so I would stay away from that one too. An HTA green is bad *** but I can't decide personally if I would order a green or a BBK.
what made you say this??do you have first hand experience?
mine works perfect!

i would also look into the bb hta green too
Old Aug 26, 2011, 03:48 PM
Evolving Member

That's what im saying, the new HTA BB green makes the ATP 3071r obselete, and the hks is overpriced for the power when you compare it to a BB HTA 71, so the choice is easy.
Old Aug 26, 2011, 04:25 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by fabcas311
what made you say this??do you have first hand experience?
mine works perfect!

i would also look into the bb hta green too
Are you running high boost? I have a friend who had one and it surged on 30psi. He ended up selling it and got a green. He wasn't the only one this happened to. Do a search.
Old Aug 26, 2011, 04:30 PM
Evolving Member

im running 29-30 psi on e85 with no problems........... i did search before i bought the turbo and read about others surging issues. theres always a fix to every problem.
Old Aug 26, 2011, 04:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 50 Likes on 46 Posts
If you want to stay stock frame, the new BB Forced Performance turbos are pretty much the way to go.

If you are considering a whole kit, have ETS build you a twin scroll GTX3071 kit.

If you are not in a hurry to buy, it might be worth waiting to see some results from the new FP turbos, and see if the BW EFR line actually makes an appearance.

Imo, a great many turbos became instantly obsolete (including the HKS GTII) when FP announced their adding BB to the Black/Red/Green.
Old Aug 26, 2011, 04:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The HKS unit will be breathing hard at that HP level. And good luck servicing it in the event of a failure.
The Green is an excellent choice always , The BB HTA 76 is probably still going to cost well over $2k im sure , This is probably the best of the above mentioned turbos. And i think FP is offering some sort of Auto rebuild program???
You said you wanted to stay on the stock manifold these are your best options.

Heres a recently posted dyno chart of a car with almost identical mods , and stock spool with the power you Want ,MAP EF2. The price might make this option one to consider.I think its around $1600 and they might still be offering an incentive.
[/QUOTE]
Old Aug 26, 2011, 05:13 PM
Evolving Member

The HTA green is gonna be around the 2200 mark or a few dollars less, the EF2 is very comparable to the HTA 71 flows 51 lb/min that's the same as the BBK FULL, and is gonna be in the 1500-1600 price range for the BB form, I would rather take that and not worry about WGA problems, and Chinese internals.

Last edited by ct9asilver; Aug 26, 2011 at 05:15 PM.
Old Aug 26, 2011, 05:15 PM
Former Sponsor

Easy choice.. HTA GREEN.. Proven to be the best all around over and over.. And if you have the extra coin get it in ball bearing and never look back..

Mike
Old Aug 26, 2011, 05:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by AWD Motorsports
Easy choice.. HTA GREEN.. Proven to be the best all around over and over.. And if you have the extra coin get it in ball bearing and never look back..

Mike
Maybe you know something we dont but arent they only offering it in BB.

CTA9 You drive a car built in Japan , With many parts that are from china . WTF?
Besides MAPs bearings do not come from china , and the wheels do not either.

Last edited by getsideways; Aug 26, 2011 at 05:21 PM.
Old Aug 26, 2011, 05:23 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by getsideways
Maybe you know something we dont but arent they only offering it in BB.

CTA9 You drive a car built in Japan , With many parts that are from china . WTF?
Besides MAPs bearings do not come from china , and the wheels do not either.

Nothing concrete has been put in place yet.. As for the 2nd part NOBODY really knows anything for sure but MAP..
Old Aug 26, 2011, 05:26 PM
Evolving Member

I don't remember saying the MAP turbo's have Chinese parts...
Old Aug 26, 2011, 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by RevMoto
Are you running high boost? I have a friend who had one and it surged on 30psi. He ended up selling it and got a green. He wasn't the only one this happened to. Do a search.
The bulk of the surging "issues" with this turbo are the result of the bov. Do a better search...most of us with the turbo will tell you that with a good bov, surging is practically eliminated albeit the occasional partial throttle surge.

Not to sound like a broken record but I say go for the HTA green BB too..

Quick Reply: ATP 3071R vs HKS 7460R vs HTA Green 76