Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

4G64 Oil Galley port work - lots of pictures

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2011, 09:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
4G64 Oil Galley port work - lots of pictures

So I finally got around to working on my 4G64 block that has been freshly machined. And I'm going to have to send it back to get hot tanked and cleaned again :P oh well.

I still did my best to contain the metal and debris by taping off the rest of the block while it was on the engine stand. Anyway, I've found that the entrance to the main journal on cylinder number 1 really sucks. I'm going to consult some of my Journeyman machinists at work tomorrow and see if they have some trick tools for radiusing the inlet to the crankshaft oil galleys. They've got some crazy tooling at work, so I'm pretty sure we'll be able to find something that fits the bill.

None the less...Here are the before, during, and after photo's of the porting. The last 2 photo's are of the entrance to the No. 1 Main bearing oiling circuit.

I'm curious if other people have noticed this, and what they did in their particular situation. I wonder if there's some great idea that's already been thought of

-Eric