Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

HKS Super AFR bov correction works pretty damm good!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2004, 02:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HKS Super AFR bov correction works pretty damm good!

There seems to be lot of fellow EVO owners out there that wants to vent but don't want the side effects. Well I just put HKS Super AFR for this and it works awesome. No its not perfect. For example idle will still drop but it has never stalled on me yet whereas before it stalled. Deal with it.

The most noticeable thing is how EIDS function prevents ECU from dumping unnecessary fuel everytime you shif and this has dramatic effect on drivability. Shifting is so much smoother man. It feels like map sensor.

Again this is not perfect cure but it comes damm close in my book.

Any questions feel free to ask. Anything but the response function. I don't know what it's for and what it does. I've read the manual like 10 times and I still don't get it. WTH is "use this funciton to adjust increased acceleration interval". Does that make sense.

Last edited by EVO with RFL; Jan 5, 2004 at 02:30 PM.
Old Jan 5, 2004, 02:36 PM
In Timeout

That function only works for cars that use a hot wire mass air meter. There is no way to compensate for air that has already been counted.
Old Jan 5, 2004, 02:44 PM

S-AFR is compatible with ****load of mas sensors including Karmen Vortex. When you calibrate the unit you let the car idle and during this period the internal cpu calibrates the mas signal to the tps signal. What this means is any excessive air flow signal generated by mas sensor at 0% TPS is buffered as false air flow and hence ignored. Pretty simple but works like a charm.

I wish I could take you for a ride but your too far.