Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Dealer Issue with ACD

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2011, 03:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dealer Issue with ACD

I recently did a clutch in my evo and the acd was disconnect so I knew that it needed to be bled as soon as the clutch was in. So after the clutch was in I took it to the nearest Mitsu dealership to have the acd bled and they said that they weren't able to get the computer to hook up to bleed the acd. So they said they would diagnose the issue the next day when they had time so I left the car overnight. Well come to find out the dealership said that the acd pump failed. My car is a 2006 Evo with 32,500 miles on it and the dealership won't warranty the acd pump because the car was driven there to be bled. The drive is only like a 30 minute drive. The warranty on the car is still good til at least 36,000 miles and yet they still won't warranty it. I'm beyond frustrated I have no idea what to do to get them to warranty this part while its still in the warranty period. If anyone has any suggestions or ideas that would be great.
Old Sep 28, 2011, 04:55 PM
Evolved Member

I went through the same thing with my X.. I had 120k on it tho... pump failed due to driving it without bleeding first.
Old Sep 28, 2011, 06:11 PM

I'm just frustrated because they won't replace it even tho it is still within the warranty period and I was told the only way to bleed it was by taking it to the dealership
Old Sep 28, 2011, 07:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Jaeger19
I'm just frustrated because they won't replace it even tho it is still within the warranty period and I was told the only way to bleed it was by taking it to the dealership
Warranty is for DEFECTS ONLY not covering you causing a failure. Driving without bleeding it breaks the pump. You should have towed it. There is a thread here about bleeding the acd yourself too. You broke it now deal with it. It is no wonder many car manufacturers arent making performance cars.
Old Sep 29, 2011, 03:43 PM

Except I was told by a Mitsubishi tech that it could be driven to the dealership to be bled as long as that was the first thing that was done with the car and it was.
Old Sep 29, 2011, 08:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Except I was told by a Mitsubishi tech that it could be driven to the dealership to be bled as long as that was the first thing that was done with the car and it was.
Considering the cost of the pump i dont think a dealer will fix it for you. If the tech said that then it sucks for you but as a former dealership employee we were trained to NEVER say anything like that. Always suggest a tow since we havent looked at the car and we didnt want to open ourselves up to any liability. It is up to the cust but we ALWAYS suggested a tow because as soon as I would have said it was drivable to the dealer the cust frequently thinks it is ok to drive everywhere and when it breaks they "drove straight to the dealer". Heard stuff like that all the time. Luckily I never made a mistake like that.

Good Luck.
Old Sep 29, 2011, 08:32 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Not the dealerships responsibilty to warranty stupidity. It should never have been driven until bled, but live and learn right?
Old Sep 29, 2011, 09:23 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts
Did you get that in writing?

No?

You're kinda SOL.