Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Exedy stage 2 hd failure in 1500 miles

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2011, 12:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
425/362 on a MD
Old Oct 26, 2011, 12:43 PM
Evolving Member

More importantly how many drag launches or track days before failure?
Old Oct 26, 2011, 12:43 PM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I saw you now have a QM 8 leg in the car? How do you like it? Are you running an in car (floor) clutch pedal stopper?
Old Oct 26, 2011, 12:52 PM
Evolved Member

I took the car to the track 1 time after I got retuned. The rest of the mileage was street use with rolling pulls when I felt the need.
The clutch was never dropped or given any sort of excessive shock.

B.J. - The car listed in this thread is my daily, I purchased the Exedy twin hd to replace this.
In my track car I am running the QM 8 leg. I just purchased a mill and lathe and am designing and making an adjustible pedal stop as we speak along with some other little odds and ends.

Grant
Old Oct 26, 2011, 12:52 PM

Is it under warranty
Old Oct 26, 2011, 07:00 PM
Evolved Member

After what seems to be two Weeks of no response I'm surprised to see a rude response from importdps.

You should know better than that....
Old Oct 26, 2011, 07:28 PM
Evolved Member

I understand the idiosyncrasies of increased power levels and aftermarket parts, as far as a warranty we are discussing the details. Lets just say Exedy has been helpful thus far. Hopefully they can learn from the failure, and help me along the way.

Boltz, you should have seen the pm...
Old Oct 27, 2011, 02:08 PM

Worst looking disk I've ever seen after 1500 miles. Defective!
Old Oct 27, 2011, 02:17 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by importdps
So we deliver on the product and get bashed. Not surprised, I guess now I am warrantying products.

Just email us your order information to sales@importdpsspeedshop.com All you need from us is the proof of purchase, which is your receipt. The warranty and inspection goes directly thru Exedy, not thru us.

What great customer service
Old Nov 17, 2011, 10:25 AM
Evolved Member

I have had the pleasure of dealing with Evan at Exedy. All I can say is that I am more then impressed with the customer service that I have been given. He more then took care of me and the problem that I encountered, and went above and beyond the call of duty. My item was warrantied Given the fact that this was an aftermarket clutch, in a modified application, I figured I was out. I even purchased a new Exedy twin the other week without knowing it was warrantied because I was itching to drive the car.

Thanks again Evan at Exedy. You have me as a long term customer.
Old Nov 17, 2011, 10:44 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by boosted91t
I have had the pleasure of dealing with Evan at Exedy. All I can say is that I am more then impressed with the customer service that I have been given. He more then took care of me and the problem that I encountered, and went above and beyond the call of duty. My item was warrantied Given the fact that this was an aftermarket clutch, in a modified application, I figured I was out. I even purchased a new Exedy twin the other week without knowing it was warrantied because I was itching to drive the car.

Thanks again Evan at Exedy. You have me as a long term customer.
That is amazing that Exedy took care of you so well! Definitely comforting.

How was the issue resolved? Did Exedy refund you the cost of your Stage 2 HD?
Also, did they voice any concerns about the same batch of clutches that might be on the market?

I remember you recommending this clutch to me and to go through Import DPS. I won't be dealing with them after the reply they posted on here. Completely unprofessional and ignorant. They did not acknowledge the fact that you had emailed them two times already and had called several others. It had been weeks and they didn't even care.

Thanks.

-Jalal
Old Nov 17, 2011, 11:11 AM
Evolved Member

Received 70 Likes on 52 Posts
Did the clutch feel properly adjusted, no signs of slipping or overthrowing the slave?

aaron
Old Nov 20, 2011, 06:03 PM
Evolved Member

Jalal, they sent me a new clutch kit. The only thing I am waiting to hear back on is the possible issue or cause. I have 2 more cars running around with this clutch right now which concerns me. Worst part is my brothers car is starting to show similar signs. Not what I wanted to hear... Really glad Exedy stepped up, if it was up to import dps, I would still be awaiting a phone call.

Aaron,
Clutch was properly adjusted, wheels in the air rev up test and the slave cyl test were preformed as I do with all of my installs. It never slipped through the entire ordeal... Have you ever seen anything like this?
Old Nov 20, 2011, 06:42 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by boosted91t
Jalal, they sent me a new clutch kit. The only thing I am waiting to hear back on is the possible issue or cause. I have 2 more cars running around with this clutch right now which concerns me. Worst part is my brothers car is starting to show similar signs. Not what I wanted to hear... Really glad Exedy stepped up, if it was up to import dps, I would still be awaiting a phone call.

Aaron,
Clutch was properly adjusted, wheels in the air rev up test and the slave cyl test were preformed as I do with all of my installs. It never slipped through the entire ordeal... Have you ever seen anything like this?
Glad to hear that they took care you! That's actually awesome.

I wonder how many clutches are effected by this, and if they plan on replacing them all!

-Jalal
Old Nov 28, 2011, 07:27 PM
Evolving Member

Evan at Exedy is awesome he has helped me out a ton!

Quick Reply: Exedy stage 2 hd failure in 1500 miles