Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

any one daily drive a Quartermaster twin

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2011, 05:43 AM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Creamo3
I'm running the newer 8-Leg QM Race and love it for holding power and high RPM shifts. I don't daily drive it though and if I were going to I would go with the street version with the heavier flywheel.

Does anyone run a clutch pedal stop? Doesn't appear to be anything aftermarket and I might just make one.
From what I have read the floor clutch pedal stop is definitely recommended. IndyEvo/9sec9 have a clutch pedal stop on their website, check it out...
Old Oct 27, 2011, 05:50 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by B.J.@ToxicFab
From what I have read the floor clutch pedal stop is definitely recommended. IndyEvo/9sec9 have a clutch pedal stop on their website, check it out...
That website has been dead for a while now www.9sec9.com
Old Oct 27, 2011, 06:09 AM
Evolving Member

I'm running the newer 8-Leg QM Race and love it for holding power and high RPM shifts. I don't daily drive it though and if I were going to I would go with the street version with the heavier flywheel.

Does anyone run a clutch pedal stop? Doesn't appear to be anything aftermarket and I might just make one.
I welded a coupling nut to the firewall and then threaded a bolt into it and covered the bolt head in rubber tool dip so you don't get the metal on metal noise when the clutch pedal hits it. My clutch is also adjusted all the way down so my total clutch travel is about 3-4 inches. I wanted to utilize the stop because it makes the engagement more predictable and to minimize wear on the thrust bearing.
Old Oct 27, 2011, 06:51 AM
Evolved Member

i run the tilton pedal stop, however they rape the **** out of you.. its like 30 bucks lol
Old Oct 27, 2011, 06:57 AM
Account Disabled

That website has been dead for a while now www.9sec9.com
Ahhh, forgot about that...They are still active on the Midwest Evos Forum...not sure if you are on there or not...
Old Oct 27, 2011, 06:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The factory plastic pedal stop has an actual thread in it, though I can't remember what size. I just garbbed a bolt and a nut to jam it in position. cost me like 60 cents.
Old Nov 3, 2011, 10:52 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by THUB
The factory plastic pedal stop has an actual thread in it, though I can't remember what size. I just garbbed a bolt and a nut to jam it in position. cost me like 60 cents.
That's similar to what I did, I took the pedal stop off and jammed a washer-nut into the backside so that I could adjust the height on the bolt. I also put a small piece of silicone hose on the bolt coming off the firewall to keep things snug.Cost me nothing