Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Help me get more power out of FP black buschur setup ;)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2011, 06:13 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wanted a little more power out of my black also....got e85 and all....but i just got a map o2 dump on and wow totally worth it.
Old Oct 31, 2011, 06:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
How much power are you making now? I say SD, O2 dump, bigger cams, Bigger I/C, I/M with 75mm T/B. More light weight parts will help it feel faster also.
Old Oct 31, 2011, 06:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by wizzo 8
How much power are you making now? I say SD, O2 dump, bigger cams, Bigger I/C, I/M with 75mm T/B. More light weight parts will help it feel faster also.
just about mid 400's at the wheel.
i dont wanna go too big with cams since its a dd lol
how big of an IC should i gowithout going too big? 4? 4.5? does fitment become an issue at that point?
Old Oct 31, 2011, 07:04 AM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by bnr34rb26dett
just about mid 400's at the wheel.
i dont wanna go too big with cams since its a dd lol
how big of an IC should i gowithout going too big? 4? 4.5? does fitment become an issue at that point?
Depending on the brand a 4" will need very minor trimming. Anything thicker than that will need the crash bar removed and possibly some trimming to bumper. Those Buschur cams have a pretty lumpy idle from what I have heard. If you can deal with these for your daily then bigger cams probably wouldnt be much worse.
Old Oct 31, 2011, 07:15 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by wizzo 8
Depending on the brand a 4" will need very minor trimming. Anything thicker than that will need the crash bar removed and possibly some trimming to bumper. Those Buschur cams have a pretty lumpy idle from what I have heard. If you can deal with these for your daily then bigger cams probably wouldnt be much worse.
i was thinking buschur or ETS.
yea my buschur is pretty lumpy lol

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...-start-up.html

pretty bad at taking off at a light.
i dont mind the lumpiness tho
Old Oct 31, 2011, 07:48 AM

Check this out https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...e-469awhp.html
Old Oct 31, 2011, 01:51 PM
Former Sponsor

Here ya Go https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...ock-motor.html Corrected was like 475.
Old Nov 1, 2011, 05:14 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by HIS Motorsports
impressive for a pump tune
Old Nov 1, 2011, 05:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
3" o2 dump o2 housing
Magnus v5
Old Nov 1, 2011, 05:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
OP, where are you located, and is the car a street car? You have to keep in mind that if you make the switch to EMS your OBDII port doesn't do anything, thus it's a pain to find someone who will give you stickers. However, with the correct fail-safes that the AEM meth kit has, it's really hard to hurt anything running meth. Thus, I think that it may be something that you should look into, as it's come a long way. Or, I'll trade you my 35r setup for your Black setup and you can make 500awhp on pump
Old Nov 2, 2011, 06:12 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Blue91lx
OP, where are you located, and is the car a street car? You have to keep in mind that if you make the switch to EMS your OBDII port doesn't do anything, thus it's a pain to find someone who will give you stickers. However, with the correct fail-safes that the AEM meth kit has, it's really hard to hurt anything running meth. Thus, I think that it may be something that you should look into, as it's come a long way. Or, I'll trade you my 35r setup for your Black setup and you can make 500awhp on pump
yes its a street car. i had no idea obdII would be disabled. that might not work with me with passing inspections but then my car is already catless with many mods
yea i have considered meth. but i dont have a garage at the moment and i have heard stories of failsafe failing and the block getting cracked
with the 35r how much later does the boost kick in?
Old Nov 2, 2011, 03:05 PM
Evolved Member

yes its a street car. i had no idea obdII would be disabled. that might not work with me with passing inspections but then my car is already catless with many mods
yea i have considered meth. but i dont have a garage at the moment and i have heard stories of failsafe failing and the block getting cracked
with the 35r how much later does the boost kick in?
Yeah, on AEM EMS there's no function for OBDII. However, you can still do speed density with the stock ECU with an Omni 4 Bar MAP sensor, a tatrix cable, and run EvoScan. And since Evos are OBDII cars it is near impossible to get stickers for them unless you have someone that has a way to get fake stickers (with no OBDII). However, with your Stock ECU and speed density, you can just run a "force pass" emissions test code, so it really doesn't matter how many illegal mods you have. Honestly, the 35r isn't as laggy as most think, with the right setup and tune. If you have a decent setup (including HTA treatment and a smallish exhaust housing), most see full boost around 4500rpm. As far as the fail safes failing with Meth, I look at is just another risk. Every time you do a WOT pull, you're putting tremendous stress on every one of your parts, and they could let go at any moment. Thus, Meth really isn't much different.
Old Nov 2, 2011, 03:12 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Blue91lx
Yeah, on AEM EMS there's no function for OBDII. However, you can still do speed density with the stock ECU with an Omni 4 Bar MAP sensor, a tatrix cable, and run EvoScan. And since Evos are OBDII cars it is near impossible to get stickers for them unless you have someone that has a way to get fake stickers (with no OBDII). However, with your Stock ECU and speed density, you can just run a "force pass" emissions test code, so it really doesn't matter how many illegal mods you have. Honestly, the 35r isn't as laggy as most think, with the right setup and tune. If you have a decent setup (including HTA treatment and a smallish exhaust housing), most see full boost around 4500rpm. As far as the fail safes failing with Meth, I look at is just another risk. Every time you do a WOT pull, you're putting tremendous stress on every one of your parts, and they could let go at any moment. Thus, Meth really isn't much different.
oh, yea im sticking with stock ecu. so that shouldnt be a problem rght?
and well said on meth
Old Nov 2, 2011, 07:08 PM
Evolved Member

oh, yea im sticking with stock ecu. so that shouldnt be a problem rght?
and well said on meth
Yeah you should be good then. I don't know. I think the two things that you ruled out may be the only mods substantial enough to make it worth you changing your setup. (HP per dollar spent as well).
Old Nov 2, 2011, 07:22 PM
Evolved Member

....how big of an IC should i gowithout going too big? 4? 4.5? does fitment become an issue at that point?
There are still some BR BFIC's left over on the Lancershop website(Yeah, I know...That place sucks big time). The BFIC features a 4.5" Garrett core. If I had a Black, then I would run either the BFIC or if not, a 5" ETS if I had a Black.

Last edited by sparky; Nov 2, 2011 at 07:54 PM.

Quick Reply: Help me get more power out of FP black buschur setup ;)