Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.
View Poll Results: Fp BB Green Turbo
I want it, but I'm waiting for peoples results to order
44.44%
I Ordered it, and waiting for it to arrive
3.70%
I Ordered and already received it, It's great
18.52%
Not worth the wait / price, Going different route
33.33%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Fp BB Green Info (poll)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2011, 05:29 PM
Evolving Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Fp BB Green Info (poll)

There is not much info other that they are great, and way better, realiable than before.

A few vendors are offering it (an claim to have them in stock), others say they are taking orders, but don't have a ETA yet, and some say they are not available yet.

So, who has more info on them? and what's the truth?

Did you order it? are you waiting for it? have you received it? how is it? results?

Are they being shipped out from Fp? are they ready for production and market? Could it be that they are having issues, so it's taking them longer?

So many Q's! ??? just trying to get real facts to see if they are worth the wait, or should I go a different route.

Thanks

Last edited by audiofan; Oct 28, 2011 at 05:33 PM.
Old Oct 28, 2011, 05:47 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There was a previous thread in which a guy from Australia already got his and was really happy with how the turbo was performing. He got it from Spec-Ops.

Also, I am pretty sure that Curt Brown said in that same thread that he is installing his DBB Green soon. Best thing is wait a little more and you will get the answers your looking for.
Old Oct 28, 2011, 09:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
I really love the idea of a BB stock frame turbo. The green just sounds like a lot of fun. however for 2500, I would almost rather go a t3 turbo, and call it done.
Old Oct 29, 2011, 11:11 AM
Former Sponsor

No vendor has DBB greens in stock. If they tell you that, they are lying. There is a build list that you have to get your name on if you would like one. Once I receive payment, the customers name will be put on the order. It will the take 2-3 weeks to be built. The waiting list is getting long so if you would like one before Christmas you might want to get one on order soon.

If anyone has any questions regarding DBB turbos, feel free to contact me directly.

Have a great day.

Mikey
Old Oct 29, 2011, 11:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
end thread.
Old Oct 29, 2011, 06:36 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
any comparisons from dbb green to regular hta green?
Old Oct 29, 2011, 06:44 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 67 Likes on 59 Posts
I also offer the fp ball bearing turbos and will ship internationally as well if need be. if you ask fp the official wait times are around 2-4 weeks. they build them as they get orders.

what you should expect from ceramic dbb vs standard journal is the dbb chra will be more durable, slightly quicker spooling, and will provide more airflow safer then the standard journal due to the fact you can spin it at a higher rpm without having to worry about premature thrust bearing failures due to oil lubrication issues when getting near the choke line.

the most differences ive noticed when testing the journal vs dbb black is the on and off switch in boost response (transient response)

Last edited by tscompusa; Oct 29, 2011 at 06:50 PM.
Old Oct 29, 2011, 08:30 PM
Former Sponsor

Tom, be careful when you say more air flow, as the compressor map has not changed and they are both still rated at 650whp.

Mikey
Old Oct 30, 2011, 12:24 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 67 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by Mikey@Spec-Ops
Tom, be careful when you say more air flow, as the compressor map has not changed and they are both still rated at 650whp.

Mikey
re-read what i said.. spinning a journal bearing at say 38psi and pumping out the airflow that 38psi produces (60lb/min+) the ball bearing system is safer then the journal bearing because it is more durable and can withstand the extreme work load better as opposed to the journal counterparts.

In no way did i say it flows more air then the journal turbo. i know they both share the same compressor map. airflow isn't changed because the compressor and turbine wheel remain the same spec. I have around 100 logs here of comparison to know exactly what the ball bearing does differently over the journal as well from my car.

I think technically they are rated at 620 by fp in standard operation mode but of course can make much more, up to 660-670 unmodified on a stroker and in extreme modified circumstances 750 in your case.

Last edited by tscompusa; Oct 30, 2011 at 12:26 AM.