Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Evo 8 Trans/Shift Linkage failure?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2011, 09:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evo 8 Trans/Shift Linkage failure?

just put a 2.1 stroker in my Evo. I am still breaking it in. I've got 1200 miles on my entire engine/clutch setup now. I was driving it today and pulled out from somewhere and the car started binding. Like something in the trans binding up and making the car stop in the middle of the road. I tried to take off but something was locked up. I tried putting it in reverse and it would let me only back up a little before it locked up again. After taking it out of 1st gear and putting it into reverse, it would no longer allow me to put it into 1st again or 2nd. 3rd and 4th it would allow me to get in gear but the car still refused to move. I put the shifter in neutral went to let the clutch out so I could get out of the car and it started going in reverse as if it were in the reverse gear. Thankfully I was able to back into the place I left and wait for a flatbed. I have NO idea as to what the problem is. The car has never seen an AWD launch since I've owned it. I wasn't beating on it as I'm still breaking in my new motor.

ANY IDEAS?

Last edited by umadevo; Nov 20, 2011 at 09:59 PM.