Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Anyone have any info on the pte 5862?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2011, 01:00 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 67 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by Boltz.
By spraying water/methanol right into the runner you lose a lot of the benefit of the latent heat of evaporation. Also, with an HFS-6 system properly setup it atomizes so well and assuming that you have jetted your UICP far enough from the throttle body to provide for proper cooling and homogenizing (if you will), that its really up to your intake manifold to provide equal fueling to each cylinder.

Lets keep in mind the issue you're describing (unequal flow between cylinders) is purely dependent on the I/M and that if it flows unevenly, it is already an issue, without methanol, seeing as 99.999% of evo owners aren't running an ecu that can individually map injectors (and even less of them would actually benefit from it )

Throw an EGT in the hottest cylinder and you have even greater peace of mind.

Lastly, it won't cause wear on the engine. It keeps the engine much cleaner than gas! Methanol isn't everyone's cup of tea, but I've that and E85 and they both rock. E85's availability to Illinoisans like TsiDrift and myself, sucks, even though we grow a ton of corn. That makes methanol a lot more convenient.

ya ive ran meth injection on my dsm's before.. i cant deny it was one of the best bang for buck mods ive ever experienced on a car pretty much.

if he wants to add a good system like the aquamist im all for it. i think that's what will eventually make him happy, because he doesn't like being limited mpg wise when he cruises.
Old Dec 9, 2011, 11:00 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tscompusa
ya ive ran meth injection on my dsm's before.. i cant deny it was one of the best bang for buck mods ive ever experienced on a car pretty much.

if he wants to add a good system like the aquamist im all for it. i think that's what will eventually make him happy, because he doesn't like being limited mpg wise when he cruises.
Yep. Just expensive to set up properly, zeitronix with all the goodies, HFS-6 and a comprehensive tune will cost a pretty penny. Well worth it if done right though.