Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Can't get engine and tranny separated.

Search this Thread

Old Dec 25, 2011, 09:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Once you get "IT" in the right hole it will pop right off.
Old Dec 25, 2011, 09:14 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 67 Likes on 59 Posts
ya its really not that hard.. i can get them off and on in 30 seconds. the trick is having a very big flat head, twisting the screw driver and yanking on the clutch fork arm.. it comes right off with that procedure unless its physically damaged and cant be separated. then you back out the pressure plate bolts like stated in the previous posts.
Old Dec 26, 2011, 10:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Got it!!

what i did was i bolted it back to the engine and then i left the clutch fork in the middle put the screw driver in the right spot (bottom of the cone) twisted, and pushed the TOB towards the slave and then as hard as i could away while twisting and jiggling, if i did it again it could be done in 30 seconds

anyone who has trouble with this isn't doing it right, it's just confusing the first time i promise
i spent 3 hours fighting with it but i get it now... lol and the Service manual is no help at all

Thanks guys,
Jabu
Old Dec 27, 2011, 02:13 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 67 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by Jabu
Got it!!

what i did was i bolted it back to the engine and then i left the clutch fork in the middle put the screw driver in the right spot (bottom of the cone) twisted, and pushed the TOB towards the slave and then as hard as i could away while twisting and jiggling, if i did it again it could be done in 30 seconds

anyone who has trouble with this isn't doing it right, it's just confusing the first time i promise
i spent 3 hours fighting with it but i get it now... lol and the Service manual is no help at all

Thanks guys,
Jabu
nice work. did you use the fork arm like i said as well? if not it will be even easier the next time then it was this time.. it takes no muscle when you get the technique down.
Old Dec 27, 2011, 07:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by tscompusa
nice work. did you use the fork arm like i said as well? if not it will be even easier the next time then it was this time.. it takes no muscle when you get the technique down.
Yeah i did worked like a charm and i agree completely with the no muscle when you finally get the technique down.