Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

fuel pump wire with high/low voltage circuit

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2013, 12:23 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Im getting a little lost in the wire diagram...

I got everything for the first relay but the 2nd relay is confusing me. Both the high voltage and low voltage go into #30 on the 2nd relay?
Old Jan 2, 2013, 01:50 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 129 Likes on 97 Posts
Originally Posted by MRadjahoe
Im getting a little lost in the wire diagram...

I got everything for the first relay but the 2nd relay is confusing me. Both the high voltage and low voltage go into #30 on the 2nd relay?
I should have posted something sooner, but I've worked out a much easier rewire that preserves the low voltage circuit. If all goes as planned, Spoolin' up will be selling it as a kit. Probably going to be a month before I can say anything further.
Old Jan 2, 2013, 08:15 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by mrfred
I should have posted something sooner, but I've worked out a much easier rewire that preserves the low voltage circuit. If all goes as planned, Spoolin' up will be selling it as a kit. Probably going to be a month before I can say anything further.
Guess you wont share that huh?
Old Jan 3, 2013, 01:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Fred, in reference to your first post about using "standard" automotive relays for the fuel pump. We've been using Hella 40amp weather proof relays and plugs for remote mount fuel pump control relays for a while and found them to be very reliable. Even when using them to power large inline pumps. When bought in quantity of 20 or more, they are reasonably priced and the pig tail for the plug is a 5 wire with 18" tails, so the relay can also be used to open a circuit when powered. Because of the "oem" style weatherproof plug, the relay can be mounted anywhere and the conectors will stay clean, even when given a dose of road debris.
Old Jan 4, 2013, 01:40 PM
Evolving Member

Finally got it. My wiring was a little different but still does the same thing...
Old Mar 10, 2013, 05:21 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Bringing this back I know but Seems there is a lot easier way to run this with both high/low circuits in tact,
This seems like it work work just the same, with alot less wiring: You would just have to cut the wire after the 3rd relay and run a wire from pin 1 to your New relay, and then splice in the original white wire at the pump into your new upgraded wiring.
Any reason this would not work?

Name:  Evofuelpumpfactorywiringdiagram_zps4698a3c4.png
Views: 0
Size:  51.7 KB
The following users liked this post:
dr_latino999 (Mar 11, 2016)
Old Mar 10, 2013, 07:00 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 129 Likes on 97 Posts
That would work.
Old May 13, 2013, 10:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I really can't wait till this is released
Old May 14, 2013, 06:23 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by xXANCHORMONXx
I really can't wait till this is released
Not to sell mrfred short but i already tried the other guys wiring and it works fine... Granted its not plug n play but any of us that hardwired our pumps to begin with have everything required and clearly dont care about plug n play...
Old May 14, 2013, 09:56 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by joseph143
Not to sell mrfred short but i already tried the other guys wiring and it works fine... Granted its not plug n play but any of us that hardwired our pumps to begin with have everything required and clearly dont care about plug n play...
Glad to see its working good for you. Mine is working great too.
Old May 22, 2013, 08:02 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by joseph143
thats great! if you don't mind, do you have a picture of where you cut and tapped the wires. Thanks.
Old May 22, 2013, 08:39 AM
Evolving Member

The fuel pump relay #3 that you need to cut the wire is on the firewall next to the abs module. There are other relays there but just look for the one with all the correct color wires. I think it is the one farthest to the right if your looking at them.
Old May 22, 2013, 09:10 AM
Evolved Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
My normal intank fuel pump is fine but my external ams surge tank is driving me crazy. How can I make this work with a external surge tank pump, without affecting the intank pump? Would spooling up be the way to go or is there another way?
Old May 22, 2013, 09:49 AM
Evolving Member

You want to run your external pump off of the high/low circuit but want to keep your intank pump wired full time? or you want both to be run on the high/low circuits?
Old May 23, 2013, 12:09 AM
Evolved Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
I'd like to keep the external pump on a low/high circuit to help with noise, but was told that running a walboro at 9v range (lower voltage)might shorten it's life?
The intank pump doesn't make too much noise so i wouldn't bother with it.

Quick Reply: fuel pump wire with high/low voltage circuit