Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

How much power can my fuelsetup handle?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2012, 12:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How much power can my fuelsetup handle?

Hello guys i have a Aeromotive 340 intank pump with stock lines, how many hp can i do on this setup? My powergoal is 600 hp.
Old Jan 2, 2012, 12:12 PM

injector

whats the injector your running?
Old Jan 2, 2012, 12:34 PM

1200 cc precision

Originally Posted by lepps55
whats the injector your running?
Old Jan 2, 2012, 01:34 PM

i would think with that setup and having the bottom end built up, on 30psi you should still have some IDC left with a very good tune i think you should flirt with the 600 mark...if you get meth for sure 600 haha
Old Jan 2, 2012, 01:48 PM
drb
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
What fuel are you using? 93 Octane, E-85 or something else?
Old Jan 2, 2012, 09:20 PM

I run E85 with aeromotive fuel rail and regulator
Originally Posted by drb
What fuel are you using? 93 Octane, E-85 or something else?
Old Jan 2, 2012, 10:08 PM
Evolving Member

Max WHP your injectors will allow on e85 is 586whp.... and you would need to flow 236lph..
Old Jan 2, 2012, 11:17 PM
drb
Evolving Member

That Aeromotive 340 fuel pump most likely isn't going to flow enough for 600HP on E-85. I'm also guessing that you will need larger injectors.
Old Jan 2, 2012, 11:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Also what dyno there is a pretty large difference.
Old Jan 3, 2012, 07:42 AM

so then 340lph pump should be enough for 600 hp?

Originally Posted by 20austin08
Max WHP your injectors will allow on e85 is 586whp.... and you would need to flow 236lph..
Old Jan 3, 2012, 10:33 AM
drb
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Nickolaus
so then 340lph pump should be enough for 600 hp?
Not unless you can make 600 HP with a relatively low boost pressure. What you are not taking into consideration is that as the fuel pressure rises the volume/flow rate goes down. While the Aeromotive 340 FP might flow 340lph at idle, it will not flow nearly that much at the boost pressure you will need to get to 600HP.

Here are some links to threads that might help:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ve...mp-wiring.html

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/au...pump-test.html

http://midwestevos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7355
Old Jan 4, 2012, 10:08 AM

Ok is there anybody that have installed a "inline" pump near the fuelrail? could that work to keep the pressure up, and just connect it to the cables that goes to the intank pump? if so can i add lets say a 255 walbro, or could that be wrong when the 340 is before the 255?

Originally Posted by drb
Not unless you can make 600 HP with a relatively low boost pressure. What you are not taking into consideration is that as the fuel pressure rises the volume/flow rate goes down. While the Aeromotive 340 FP might flow 340lph at idle, it will not flow nearly that much at the boost pressure you will need to get to 600HP.

Here are some links to threads that might help:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ve...mp-wiring.html

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/au...pump-test.html

http://midwestevos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7355
Old Jan 4, 2012, 12:51 PM
fre
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would highly suggest using two walbro 255 in tank pumps in parallel. This will require you to modify the top of your fuel pump assembly or send it to someone like Buschur to modify it for you and then you need to use the evap emissions line as your second fuel line from the tank to the engine bay. Just use a pipe cutter to cut it right below the fuel tank and jam a cross point screwdriver a little larger than the inner diameter of the evap line and bang it with a hammer a few times to flare the end and put a rubber hose with a few clamps on it.

Next, in the engine bay you will see the evap emmissions line come out right next to the primary fuel line. There are three lines close to each other (evap emmissions, primary fuel feed and fuel return). You simply splice the evap line and the primary fuel into AN fittings and use an AN Y fitting to splice both the stock lines into a single -8 AN line and then feed it to your fuel rail. That takes care of the mechanical side. Then you need to handle the electical for the secondary fuel pump with a few relays and a hobbs switch (Burschur or anybody else that does the dual in tank systems usually supply it all with the kit).

I would highly, highly recommend the dual in tank over any sort of in line secondary pumps. I tried the inline pump idea and had all sorts of issues with idle and start up and had about a 10-13% lower fuel output as well. I was using the Bosch 044 inline pump. With the parallel pumps, you don't have to drive fuel through a pump that isn't running or deal with overrunning your pressure regulator by running both of them all the time.

To give you an idea of the performance of the dual pumps, on E85 I was at around 82-84% IDC with my 1150cc injectors and am now at about 72% IDC with my 1450cc injectors. The IDC didn't scale exactly, but I imagine the pumps are being pushed pretty hard now with the 1450cc injectors. Add a good 10-13% IDC to though figures with the inline setup and also add idle and start up headaches.

Last edited by fre; Jan 4, 2012 at 12:56 PM.
Old Jan 5, 2012, 09:32 AM

Thanks for great example! is the buschur dubble pumper kit to recomend?
Is it a good idea to run the second pump on a switch? why cant they run at the same time? just thinking if the hoob switch somehow gets brooken and you go into high boost the car will go lean rather than just die if both pumps stop the same time? is the emissions line nothing that is nessesary? really great ide otherwise.

Originally Posted by fre
I would highly suggest using two walbro 255 in tank pumps in parallel. This will require you to modify the top of your fuel pump assembly or send it to someone like Buschur to modify it for you and then you need to use the evap emissions line as your second fuel line from the tank to the engine bay. Just use a pipe cutter to cut it right below the fuel tank and jam a cross point screwdriver a little larger than the inner diameter of the evap line and bang it with a hammer a few times to flare the end and put a rubber hose with a few clamps on it.

Next, in the engine bay you will see the evap emmissions line come out right next to the primary fuel line. There are three lines close to each other (evap emmissions, primary fuel feed and fuel return). You simply splice the evap line and the primary fuel into AN fittings and use an AN Y fitting to splice both the stock lines into a single -8 AN line and then feed it to your fuel rail. That takes care of the mechanical side. Then you need to handle the electical for the secondary fuel pump with a few relays and a hobbs switch (Burschur or anybody else that does the dual in tank systems usually supply it all with the kit).

I would highly, highly recommend the dual in tank over any sort of in line secondary pumps. I tried the inline pump idea and had all sorts of issues with idle and start up and had about a 10-13% lower fuel output as well. I was using the Bosch 044 inline pump. With the parallel pumps, you don't have to drive fuel through a pump that isn't running or deal with overrunning your pressure regulator by running both of them all the time.

To give you an idea of the performance of the dual pumps, on E85 I was at around 82-84% IDC with my 1150cc injectors and am now at about 72% IDC with my 1450cc injectors. The IDC didn't scale exactly, but I imagine the pumps are being pushed pretty hard now with the 1450cc injectors. Add a good 10-13% IDC to though figures with the inline setup and also add idle and start up headaches.
Old Jan 5, 2012, 09:37 AM

How do i get "an" fittings on the the emmision and fuelfeed line in the engine bay? or is it possible to use a plastic Y of somekind? and just run rubber hooses? I have order 1 ams hard fuelline, that goes from orginal feed to fuelrail insteed of the hardline mayby i can somehow put them togehter?

Originally Posted by fre

Quick Reply: How much power can my fuelsetup handle?