Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Oil Pressure Sensor

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2012, 11:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oil Pressure Sensor

I know they're has been a few of these threads already, but after searching and searching I'm pretty much out of options.

I have a Defi Oil Pressure gauge that I first installed the sensor in a Mishimoto Sandwich Adapter. It worked great just kept leaking oil. I tighted everything on it multiple times, teflon tape on all the fittings. Screwed with it for about a week and still lost oil.

I uninstalled that then bought an adapter to put into on of the bungs by the the oil filter. Both of them are rusted/sized shut. No possible way of getting them out. Tried PB Blaster for hours to no prevail.

So now I'm stuck, with my gauge installed but no working sensor, Is there anywhere else I can put it or any ideas for getting that damn bung out?

If it maters I'm using a Napa Gold Filter and its on an 03 EVO VIII.

Thanks in advance.
-JR
Old Jan 6, 2012, 11:35 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Look around for a pic, but use the stock sensor location up under the intake manifold.
Old Jan 6, 2012, 11:53 AM
Evolving Member

There are multiple locations on the factory oil filter housing you can use for your oil pressure sensor. If you completely F*cked your stock oil filter housing, you can purchase one brand new from STM or find one used on here. Then I would buy AMS's oil pressure sensor remote mount to keep it from leaking again in the future. These can be bought on both vendor's websites so before you ask how much they are, do your own research.
Old Jan 6, 2012, 11:58 AM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
To get the plugs out of the oem oil filter housing, you need to heat up the allen plugs with a torch and get them hhot enough to make the adhesive mitsu put on them pliable enough to break free...
Old Jan 31, 2012, 08:48 AM

Just letting everyone know incase they have this same issue here is the verdict on why it leaks.

Mishimoto Oil Sandwich Adapter has 3 1/8" NPT fittings on it. Defi Oil Pressure Sensors are 1/8" BSPT fittings, therefore they fit together, but will not seal and hold under pressure causing a slow oil leak.

I'm going to use the oil filter housing with an AMS Remote Oil Pressure Sending Line found here http://www.amsperformance.com/cart/A...Unit-Line.html and then put the sensor at the end of that. I just have to find a 1/8" NPT female to 1/8" BSPT female adapter.