Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

The Mellon Racing EVO head mysteriously lifted and the culprit has been found!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2012, 03:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow, AWESOME write up here. Great job Mellon for doing the right thing and Great job David for building great stuff and accepting the apology. It's great cus not everyone understands that a fight between friends, even if it were a false accusation or true, can always be worked out and become an even better stronger friendship. Two great companies. Keep up the good work guys. We need more smartasses and manning up in this community. Cus it's hard to control emotions especially when it comes to pride and money. But it takes a lot to overcome it and work out a solution.
Old Jan 20, 2012, 05:07 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Mellon Racing
correct but with some people running into problems every 25 miles (likely a bad station in their area) that will not catch the problem. That's why I suggest that we figure out a solution.
Honestly I think the best solution is finding a 'clean' station and sticking with it. This stuff is in the fuel so additives are only going to help at best.

I personally always use the same station (closest one to me, 50 min away). I buy it a few drums at a time and always fill the tank if I'm near it with the car.
Old Jan 20, 2012, 07:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've got like 6-8 e-85 stations within a 10 mile radius of me. I haven't converted over to it yet but when I do, I'd like to know its not contaminated. I won't be pushing near than power, but hopefully I don't run into these problems.
Old Jan 21, 2012, 01:06 PM

So when are we going to see this thing back together?
Old Jan 21, 2012, 11:42 PM
Evolving Member

^^ it would be nice if maybe we can find a perfect ratio or pump gas and e85 to keep your injectors clean with no drawbacks...
Old Jan 22, 2012, 12:15 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by civicej8
^^ it would be nice if maybe we can find a perfect ratio or pump gas and e85 to keep your injectors clean with no drawbacks...
You can mix down to E50 and it'll still work great, however that's still a band aid fix.

Some of us are making over 7hp/ci on 3.xx a gallon fuel. 12 years ago, if someone would of said we could have this, as long as we inspected the injectors often and possibly stayed with one station, we would of been in line for fuel like the gas crisis of the 70's.
Old Jan 22, 2012, 10:15 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by TurboTravis
You can mix down to E50 and it'll still work great, however that's still a band aid fix.

Some of us are making over 7hp/ci on 3.xx a gallon fuel. 12 years ago, if someone would of said we could have this, as long as we inspected the injectors often and possibly stayed with one station, we would of been in line for fuel like the gas crisis of the 70's.

but its still crazy to find out that your car blew because of injector being clogged, i

even if you inspect your injectors by eye you dont know if the fuel your using is slowing causing the injectors to clog.

that is probably a big reason for me not going for e85. the thing i dont get is that why cant you tell on logs that your going lean?

shouldnt the wideband show a "spike" when you look up your logs?

very sorry for your car mellon but thanks for letting the community know that this issue is real and can affect people.

other than that i have heard that running pump gas through your motor once in a while will actually clean up some things. dont know if thats true though!
Old Jan 23, 2012, 10:22 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Slowvr4
So when are we going to see this thing back together?
it's going to be awhile, my string of bad luck with the car isn't cheap. I'm thinking about moving the business and need to focus on that for awhile.
Old Jan 23, 2012, 10:24 AM
Evolved Member

it's going to be awhile, my string of bad luck with the car isn't cheap. I'm thinking about moving the business and need to focus on that for awhile.
Do you plan on staying in the same area or a completely different area of the country?
Old Jan 24, 2012, 08:04 PM

If you ever need help, just holler at me, you know where I stay.
Old Jan 26, 2012, 12:58 PM
Account Disabled

will do, thanks for the offer
Old Jan 26, 2012, 01:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
i noticed you in a few weight savings posts on either FB or other places. if your pulling the motor thats a perfect time to do all that under hood freebe mods. and even inside the car. i think you just need a little pear pressure.

hey mellon. want to be cool? do it. come on man. everyone else does it.
Old Jan 26, 2012, 01:06 PM
Account Disabled

haha I know right, Austin and I were under the car dropping the exhaust and looking at the AC system...hmmmm
Old Jan 26, 2012, 01:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
haha I know right, Austin and I were under the car dropping the exhaust and looking at the AC system...hmmmm
there is so much un needed weight under the hood. use your imagination with some of it.

the a/c is cake to remove. and when you remove your dash ''because everyone does that stuff too'' there is more a/c crap back there worth removing. it does not affect the heat at all.
Old Jan 26, 2012, 03:35 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by evodan2004
i think you just need a little peer pressure.

hey mellon. want to be cool? do it. come on man. everyone else does it.
Just chiming in to apply additional peer pressure

-Jamie

Quick Reply: The Mellon Racing EVO head mysteriously lifted and the culprit has been found!