Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Megan manifold - any good ?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2012, 07:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ct9asilver
Toxicfab manifolds aren't any better than the map long runner or the fullrace manifolds, I have had both the quality is the same.
Toxicfab, full-race, and map all have different qualities. I personally use Toxicfab and his quality is far beyond anything ive seen. For you to say the quality of Toxicfab and map are the same is crazy talk. I’ve had both manifolds in hand and from actual experience and visual inspection Collin’s attention to detail, weld quality and fit and finish is second to none. I’m giving credit where credit is due and my money was well spent with my stock replacement and forward facing manifold not to mention my whole car has all Toxicfab fabricated parts because the work speaks volumes. I’m not interested in horsepower figures as I spend my money on customer service and quality of product.
Old Jan 30, 2012, 07:04 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You must have had some other manifold other then the MAP LR in your hands because the toxicfab quality isn't what everyone makes it out to be, having actually owned both and knowing what a real MAP LR manifold looks like, the overall look and quality goes to the MAP, I'm not talking about the short runner running anything that its for the most part unproven with larger than needed runners is crazy talk, why put something that's supposed to make hp on your cart then say your not interested in hp figures, that's just beyond stupid.

The only ones that anyone should consider buying are the
JMF
MAP LR
FULL RACE
TOXICFAB
Old Jan 30, 2012, 10:38 AM
Account Disabled

^^^I am not going to touch the topic of quality but I do think it's really funny how knowledgeable you try & sound about OUR product & MAP's product, since neither one of them were even installed on your car. You purchased our manifold around the middle of last year & then sold it. Then you purchased MAP's manifold the end of last year & you currently have that for sale. ToxicFab's quality is EXACTLY what everyone makes it out to be. That is all I have to say about that, have a good day sir.
Old Jan 30, 2012, 10:42 AM
Account Disabled

stunt2...Since our manifold was brought up in your thread, if you have any questions about it, please feel free to shoot Collin or I a PM! Here is our stock replacement manifold thread...

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...-manifold.html
Old Jan 30, 2012, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by ct9asilver
You must have had some other manifold other then the MAP LR in your hands because the toxicfab quality isn't what everyone makes it out to be, having actually owned both and knowing what a real MAP LR manifold looks like
It's simple toxicfab has great and proven port work, weld quality and overall fit and finish not only in my opinion but in many others. So by your statement the testimony of many loyal and honest customers is wrong. Buy a quality product and the hp will follow but obviously that seemed to difficult for you to understand in my previous post. I understand that various factors contribute to a suggestion of manifolds but ultimately the proof is in the pudding. I support toxicfab that's my suggestion to the op do what you want with it.
Old Jan 30, 2012, 12:22 PM
Evolving Member

BJ I should have worded my post note carefully, yes the toxicfab is great quality, I never said it wasn't I did put it in the top four I would consider after all....

The quality is what everyone makes out put to be... Online in the pics, but when I received mine the quality wasn't as good as the showcased pieces, it varies somewhat. How would I know because I've owned one and have seen another, I do not need install it on my cart to know of it's good or not.

I'm picky and I want the best, most people do not notice the small details, I should have asked colin for his best work like I requested from MAP, that way I wouldn't have been disappointed and you wouldn't have to defend your friends work.

For the typical customer a toxicfab its fine though, if your lucky enough to get one that's as nice as his showcased pieces then it's the prettiest, but like I said overall the MAP LR its the best value, it comes semi polished and has stainless steel flanges for 825.

Excuse the errors im swyping while working

Last edited by ct9asilver; Jan 30, 2012 at 12:28 PM.
Old Jan 30, 2012, 12:44 PM
Account Disabled

I am glad you are able to purchase these manifolds just to look at them & let them sit on in your garage till you sell them. I am not sure what are you talking about in regards to "showcase pieces". EVERY manifold Collin builds is shipped to a customer. Every picture you see on here of Collin's welding, fabrication & porting work is taken straight off his camera, nothing done in photoshop (not saying others have photoshop work). Collin also puts 110% in every manifold/product he builds. I apologize that you feel you didn't receive Collin's "showcase" quality work with your manifold. Also please stop falsely advertising prices for MAP's manifold...I think you need to check their website again...
Old Jan 30, 2012, 12:53 PM
Evolved Member

I had a meagan manifold back in 2007 when i had my first Evo. At first it was okay, but after awhile it got faded and was starting to crack and it wasnt that old. I reccomend to stay away from that. If you want a manifold, i suggest Toxic Fab. Welds, runners, port work is out of this world. Top notch work!

I have his Front facing manifold and its gone 9.1 at the track and seen a best MPH of 163.9MPH! In a couple months, this manifold will go 8s
Old Jan 30, 2012, 01:10 PM
Evolved Member

I can tell you that when I got my manifold from Toxicfab the quality matched the performance.(perfect) . I can't speak on MAP's product, but they are known for their quality as well as performance, its left up to us the comsumers to decide which is better. I support both vendors , but hey my Toxicfab manifold was so "sexy" as my cousin put it , that we almost didnt wantto install it; maybe thats why you didnt lol.
Old Jan 30, 2012, 03:51 PM
Evolving Member

BJ every person with half a brain knows that you can get the manifold for less then the advertised price, I can post the invoice if you want. I posted that I think the map is better if you don't like it tough, the world isn't always fair.. Post an opinion and people get so mad lol wow.

Op I think the consensus is that the megan is not worth the trouble go ported our pick
fullrace, map lr, toxicfab, jmf or the ets, the difference between them is small they all come with warranties it all comes down to which one looks the best to you.
Old Jan 30, 2012, 05:38 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 127 Likes on 62 Posts
It's kind of annoying how often in these manifold threads that everyone posts about how pretty their welds are. Yes, there are some impressive LOOKING manifolds out there. Who cares? How many of them make more power than a ported stock manifold? That is the important question and it seems like almost no one (other than DB) has done any real before-and-after testing...
Old Jan 31, 2012, 06:43 AM
Evolved Member

If your looking for a manifold ToxicFab would be my choice by far and above anything else. I will be running Collin's (ToxicFab) FF manifold for my stock evo 9 turbo, along with their 02 dump, a turn down, LICP, and a few other ToxicFab parts to power my build to reach 9s on the stock turbo (my goal). I just got my parts in the mail yesterday and all i can say is that pictures do not do Collin's work any justice and that his work is absolutely Top notch. Not to mention the fact the customer service Collin and BJ provide is amazing!! Constantly stay in touch with you, tell you all your options, answer all your questions, and Collin even work on Christmas Eve before and after christmas eve dinner to work on my manifold. If your looking for a manifold all i have to say is ToxicFab is the best place to go in my opinion and ive truely had probably one of the best shop experiences you could have. Just my .02 and i will have install pics and dyno as well as track results in spring! Good luck with your decision
Old Jan 31, 2012, 08:50 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
OP, I was in the same boat some months ago! and I decided to get MAP short runner ex manifold.
I run 30 psi, for that kind of boost short runner is ok, if you run above of 33-35 psi you need long runner manifold (Mona lisa, toxciFab, etc). For my boudget decided MAP, because, If I bought a stock manifold ans send to ported I spent the same money with my MAP short runner manifold. I hope this help!

Last edited by Mauricio Evo IV; Jan 31, 2012 at 08:55 AM.
Old Jan 31, 2012, 09:04 AM
Evolved Member

I guess ill be the first one to give "decent" rep to the megan racing manifold.
I DID NOT BUY THE MANIFOLD, it came with the car. If I had a choice I WOULDN'T buy it .

I will however share my experience with the manifold. Somehow, I must say its decent. The reason is, I have had the manifold for over 2 years now and no cracks. I had no fitment issues with it, I've taken it off and on many times. I have driven it in the snow, rain and sun.
I did not except this too last this long, honestly when I first got the car I thought one of the first things I was going to need to replace was going to be the manifold. I was just waiting till it cracked, but some odd reason its lasted me this long.
Old Jan 31, 2012, 09:19 AM
Evolving Member

I have a megan and I have def put it to the test and its done great.. No cracks and I had it for about 4 years...i will be taking it off soon tho to go bigger turbo and external waste gate