Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Looking for Feedback on Kelford 264/260

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2012, 09:11 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MrLith
Be clear - is it the lump idle specifically or is it the fact that you are worried that the lumpy idle will come hand in hand with a louder car? Most people who have gone to a big cam profile want more power, and the same people will have used large turbos and very free flowing exhausts, basically all their modification decisions would contribute to making the car progressively louder.

It may be worth just considering going a slightly quieter exhaust if you are worried about the exhaust noise, though be aware that somewhere along the line something is going to have to give - to make more power you need to let things flow freer.

<edit - argh, just noticed dates - way out of date, sorry>
It is both. I don't want a idle that feels like the car is going to die, and I don't want a car that is loud enough to get a noise violation when just cruising around at highway speeds. My exhaust is pretty much perfect as it is. It is 3.25 DP back and I have an aftermarket o2 housing as well. BUT it isn't loud under normal driving conditions, only under high load.

Originally Posted by djdnav
op- i have kelford 264's and they idle pretty smoothly without much tuning attention devoted to playing with idle.
How do you feel about their power output vs. your stock cams?